Parallel Thermal Printer

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

RollerBall
Forum Regular
Parallel Thermal Printer

Post by RollerBall » Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:05 am

:D

Wow - I'm new to this but so are a lot of other folks who might appreciate seeing this. Just got hold of a little Citizen CBM1000 printer off Ebay for peanuts. We have been setting up the system (stock, prices) and experimenting with a page printer that meant we had to use Aprint. So we had delays and compromises on output etc.

Now all that's changed! Popped the printer on, reconfigured POSCfg, started up POS and - wammie - got an initial printout straight away - and FAST!

And it's transformed transaction speed - the receipts just fly out (funny - never really noticed this before when I was just a shop customer :? )

Soooo.....

My advice is - go for a parallel thermal receipt printer straight away if possible. The way the system runs is TOTALLY different from a page printer - and it looks soooooo much more professional too.

Now I'm off to connect the cash drawer that we also got cheap off Ebay and see how that goes.

Smokinnnn ;)

Edit added......

Piece of cake. Got the drawer opening code off Dale's page and it worked like a charm.

This is DEFINITELY the way to go, people :lol:

ibmsystems
Forum Regular

Post by ibmsystems » Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:50 pm

See everyone see the ease of use when we use our parllel printer? pop's the cash drawer prints faster faster transactions and more pro recepts?

USE PARLLEL PRINTERS IT'S EASY!!!

RollerBall
Forum Regular

Post by RollerBall » Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:11 pm

Little thing I've noticed which is a slight problem with a narrow receipt printer printout.

When you print out the inventory value report, the total figure is set off to the right. You can see it on the screen but it's too far off to appear on the printout.

Not the end of the world - but it would be nice if it did print properly :D

ibmsystems
Forum Regular

Post by ibmsystems » Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:18 pm

Make sure that you have posconfig setup for cont. in print setup

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:09 am

Steve, your printer may be sitting unbalanced on your desk, or perhaps your desk/house is on a lean.
DHPOS Veteran (from v3.46, July 2002)

ibmsystems
Forum Regular

Post by ibmsystems » Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:43 pm

Also check to make sure you have the paper feed into the printer straight

RollerBall
Forum Regular

Post by RollerBall » Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:28 pm

:D

You guys are a scream....

If you do what I said which is run the report so it appears on the screen you'll see that the total is across to the right. And that's how it then prints, so the total is off the side of the paper.

It's got nothing to do with whether you've got your printer's tyres pumped up or if your house is slowly slipping into a fetid swamp full of alligators and water snakes :?

ibmsystems
Forum Regular

Post by ibmsystems » Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:59 pm

lol hmmmm just make sure that your house isnt falling better safe than sorry lol :D

bdude
Forum Regular

Post by bdude » Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:25 pm

also, thermal printers don't cost money with ink etc. I have a thermal fax at home and love it.

RollerBall
Forum Regular

Post by RollerBall » Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:37 am

OK...... a picture speaks a thousand words......

Couldn't do a screen capture so this is the from the report saved as a txt file.

Now dya see what I mean......the receipt printer can only print up to the red line and the total is to the right of it so it don't get printed :)

hold on ......... what's that weird noise - like cracking - whooooo.... our house is falling over.. :?

ibmsystems
Forum Regular

Post by ibmsystems » Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:39 pm

lol that would be funny also the picture link is broken