Bug Perhaps ? dhpos640

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Robert_Nel
Forum Regular
Bug Perhaps ? dhpos640

Post by Robert_Nel » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:03 am

Hi Dale ,
I’m not sure if this is a Dhpos 640 fault/bug.
I have configured Pos with a payment key called ‘cash count”. This is used by my bar staff to "cash up" using stock items set as different cash units. The printout is signed by the staff . In the morning I do a return on this and "dispose" This worked ok with dhpos639.The final cash closing reciept printout tally's with the physical count of the cash.
If I do a return on this (and dispose) , the original cash sale figures change ( which were rung through as cash) , also items “sold’ or rung through using this key do not add onto the cash sales figures ( this I suppose is correct).The final sales figures then do not tally.
Thanks for the great program
I am using dhpos 640d
Robert Nel
Robert R Nel

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Re: Bug Perhaps ? dhpos640

Post by daleadmin » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:17 pm

Robert,

Are you saying that you renamed "user defined" as "cash count" and are ringing up sales with that? Then what happens. I have read your post 5 times and I still do not get the concept.

Dale

Robert_Nel
Forum Regular

Post by Robert_Nel » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:32 pm

Hi Dale ,
Yes , have renamed "user defined" as "cash count" and are ringing up specific stock items on this . If these items are "returned" and "disposed - not added back to inventory" , the sales figures from "cash" sales change and do not tally with the cash left in register.
Robert Nel
Robert R Nel

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:03 pm

Robert,

So you do a purchase with the user defined payment method, then you do a return with the user defined payment method. (I do not understand how the returned item can be both returned to stock and disposed at the same time but that should not affect the cash) and after the return the money for the return comes out of the cash and not the user defined?

Dale

Robert_Nel
Forum Regular

Post by Robert_Nel » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:44 pm

Dale ,
Yes , ["returned" and "disposed - not added back to inventory"]
The money left in the till does not tally with the final closing printout.
Robert
Robert R Nel

Robert_Nel
Forum Regular

Post by Robert_Nel » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:18 am

HI Dale ,
Fixed now , as we discussed in the Chatroom , thanks.
Robert Nel
Robert R Nel