POS version 6.40i released 5-16-08. New features, bug fix

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

daleadmin
Forum Owner
POS version 6.40i released 5-16-08. New features, bug fix

Post by daleadmin » Fri May 16, 2008 8:22 pm

New features in version 6.40i

There is a new version of the APRINT program which is now APRINT4.EXE. If you have a USB printer, or use APRINT for your printing, you must use the new APRINT4.EXE version when using POS versions 6.40i or later.

You can now download a file that is self extracting meaning that you do not have to use PKZIP or WINZIP to extract the files.

Bug fixes in version 6.40i

The UNIT TAX would not appear if you recalled a sale using the "5. Void" feature making a reprinted receipt or void inaccurate (assuming that it was supposed to have a UNIT TAX amount). Reported be Jovan. Fixed in version 6.40i

If you tried to sell more than one gift card in the same transaction the program would die. Fixed in version 6.40i

When using a USB port printer if you choose to "Pause between receipts" or "Choose to print a receipt" the program would have problems printing multiple receipts / gift cards. Fixed in version 6.40i

Download from the usual place http://keyhut.com/pos3.htm

Dale

pdoucet

Re: POS version 6.40i released 5-16-08. New features, bug fix

Post by pdoucet » Fri May 23, 2008 9:13 am

Installed the update. When I run aprint4 I no longer have the choice of which font is used only the size. Am I missing something, the default I get is not suitable.

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Fri May 23, 2008 5:29 pm

pdoucet,

That is correct. Jon was not able to get the new version of APRINT4 to be able to choose the font so Courier New is the font that it uses. What is not suitable about Courier New?

Dale

pdoucet

Post by pdoucet » Sat May 24, 2008 6:46 am

The font I have to use with my 60mm wide 40 column printer is one they supplied called Font B DH 20cpi. When I use the one with aprint4 it does not fit the paper width.
I ran all day yesterday with the new upgraded program files but using aprint3 with no apparent problems. I did regular sales and account sales using gift cards both selling and cashing. Do you think I am likley to run into any trouble staying with this configuration?

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Sat May 24, 2008 8:20 am

pdoucet,

You should not run into problems as long as you do not set up printing to "Pause between receipts" or "Ask before printing receipts."

I did mention this to Jon and he is trying to come out with a new version that will allow you to type in a font.

Dale