Welcome to the Dale Harris Educational Software Forum

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

sysadmin
Forum Regular
Welcome to the Dale Harris Educational Software Forum

Post by sysadmin » Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:42 pm

This is the place to ask questions and get answers about Software written by Dale Harris.

Things are very new and we are not all used to them, so if you have any problems let me know by email. Expect some changes in the near future as we adapt things to the needs of the community and the users of Dale Harris' software.

Finally, a few notes on why phpbb is the forum in use.
This particular forum package was chosen because I felt if met our needs as well as possible. It supports everything we need and has a large group of users willing to help out if we want to make changes. Finally, this was the only package which I tried that actually did everything that it's documentation said it would, without any problems.

Thanks to the makers of PHPBB for putting together a solid package for us, and thanks to those who helped us test it during the brief test period.

Thanks again,
Jonathan Simpson, Forum Server administrator
Last edited by sysadmin on Mon Jan 05, 2004 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

PosMan
Occasional Poster

Post by PosMan » Thu Jan 01, 2004 5:55 pm

I just want to say thanks for the creation of this forum. I like it much better then that Network54 forum.

Andrew
Site Administrator

Guidelines for Forum Use

Post by Andrew » Sat Apr 03, 2004 6:30 pm

Before you post a question - check the Knowledgebase at http://dhknowledge.notlong.com, your wish/problem may have already been granted/answered. 8)

Welcome to the Dale Harris Educational Software forum, please follow these guidelines while participating in this service:

- Topics should be relevant

- No abuse/spam/inappropriate content

- If the topic you wish to discuss is being covered in another thread, post a reply in that thread (unlike our old forum, topics are sorted by the last post, so if you post in an old topic - it will move to the top of the list)

- Please don't over-use features such as smilies and formatting. This forum is supplied by Jonathan Simpson and he pays for the costs of running it, if you use lots of smileys in a post, it chews bandwidth.

- As above, please limit use of smileys to a maximum of 3 per post

- Respect other forum users

So come on guys - let's keep it nice and fair for all! :D
Last edited by Andrew on Sat Apr 03, 2004 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DHPOS Veteran (from v3.46, July 2002)

Andrew
Site Administrator

Abuse of the Service

Post by Andrew » Sat Apr 03, 2004 6:31 pm

As a result of some recent events, please not that this forum is supplied for the users and prospective users of DHPOS and perhaps anyone else interested in this sort of thing, or of Dale's other software.

This is not a location for malicious, inapproriate or slandering of DHPOS. It is a place for creative criticsm, suggestions and general enjoyment by the community. An added note: the use of multiple ID's, IP maskers etc in order to manipulate users or to hide your true identity for the purposes of breaching the T.O.S is forbidden and will not be tolerated.

The moderation team will not allow such messages to remain on this forum and would like to remind all users that if you do breach the terms of use, your post may be removed without further notice.

OK, this is Dale's forum, this is where DHPOS users live, don't mess it up for us! This is a happy place and I for one don't want to see it go sour. :(

Andrew
Site Administrator

Something Newer

Post by Andrew » Sat Apr 03, 2004 6:33 pm

The following was written by Dale Harris and has been merged into this thread...

Let me paraphrase the first note on the old forum.

<hr>

Hi, Here is something new to this site provide by the swell folk Jon Simpson. If you wish to comment on anything on this site, "Dale Harris Educational Software" this is the place to do it. You can even complain that it is taking me just about forever to finish the network version of the Cash Register program.

I have spent several thousand hours writing the software that I am giving away on this site, how about spending about a minute of your time posting a question, comment, or complaint. A lot of other people visiting here would like to see the opinions of someone besides me.

Dale

<hr>

If you miss the messages on the old forum you can view them by clicking on the "Old Forum Archive" link on the main forum page. I promise, no ads. :) You can view the old forum messages but you cannot post to them. If you wish to post to a message on the old forum you must do so on this forum. The note on the old forum that says that it will be deleted applies to the actual old forum, the archive of the old forum will not be deleted.

Well, don't just sit there, post something. :)