Debit and credit payments

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

René
Occasional Poster
Debit and credit payments

Post by René » Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:55 pm

I set up the system with payment methods cash and debit. No for checks, no for credit cards, no for multiple payment and no for cash back debit, no for cash back credit.

If I use cash payment the system fills in the total sale amount as default and opens de cashdrawer by a command sent to the printer.

If I use debit no value is entered by the system while I expect the total sale amount as default. It would be very nice if the system would do the same as it does in the cash payment situation. It would be even nicer if the cashdrawer would not open in this situation!

In the present situation, using debit payment, I must fill in an amount myself. It can be any amount which I do not understand since I set up the system with no for cash back and no for multiple payment.

Regards René

lemon535
Forum Regular

Post by lemon535 » Mon Dec 25, 2006 6:13 am

bumping this as i agree and was going to post about this. i dont mind the drawer opening with credit/debit transactions as i need to put the debit receipt in the drawer.

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Mon Dec 25, 2006 6:25 pm

René / lemon,

This is an old topic, and it's been discussed here before.

When tendering using any other payment method other than cash, the system is designed not to fill in the amount. If you poke around here you'll find Dale's comments on this in the past.

Basically, it is like that to ensure the clerk checks that the amount is correct and if debit/credit has been approved e.g. by a seperate credit machine terminal.

The drawer opens as some stores print an extra receipt for credit/debit transactions, and also if you overtender the customer (e.g. if they request some cash out) you will need the drawer to open in order to get the change out.
DHPOS Veteran (from v3.46, July 2002)

lemon535
Forum Regular

Post by lemon535 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:34 am

well its kinda silly having to type it in again, it doubles the chance of a keying error. especially if it was busy and u have to type it in on two terminals.

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:10 am

Well you best be arguing it with Dale, it's been like that as long as I remember - I can remember discussions about it on our old forum at Network54.
DHPOS Veteran (from v3.46, July 2002)

IAN
Forum Regular

Post by IAN » Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:02 pm

i agree, default ammount and still to keep the draw opening, if you going to over tender that should be put as cashback! which would be good defaulted as 0.00 and ready for over type!
IAN

(Everything i say is a lie! so am i telling you the truth?)