DHPOS Set Up As Self Checkout

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

ibmsystems
Forum Regular
DHPOS Set Up As Self Checkout

Post by ibmsystems » Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:50 pm

Well after many long hours of work i have finally and sucessfully learned how to set up DHPOS On a self checkout terminal (Mine Was Homemade :P)

1. Take 4 Copys Of DHPOS And Place Them On 4 Systems
2.Do Your Normal Set Up Of DHPOS (names tax rates header footer etc.)
3.Set DHPOS Up On Your Network (you must have a network)

*STOP*
2 Way Split

You Can Either Have The Customer Take Your Final Payment To A Cashier That Will Be There (comes later)
Or You Can Buy A Redily Avabile Bill Fedder ($50 ebay.com)

After You Decide.....

5.Set Up Recept Printer

Than You Can Either Buy A Special Desk For This Or...
Build Your Own (Pros Only)

Than You Should Have An Old Monitor (or new) To Hook Up To Another PC Than Use Remote POS Viewer To View Whats Going On At All The Terminals (a employee should watch that at all times)

That Is How I Did It But You Can Do It Your Own Way :)

Grahamw
Forum Regular

bill feeder?

Post by Grahamw » Mon Dec 26, 2005 1:12 am

IBM, how did you get the info from the bill feeder, Te amount of money put in tinto DHPOS, Or have you not worked this out yet, let me know.
Thanks
Graham Wakefield
Graham@wakefieldtech.com

ibmsystems
Forum Regular

Post by ibmsystems » Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:52 am

Hi

Of Course That Was The Hard Part I Made A QB Program (background program like pole.exe) That Reeds The Information From The Bill Feeder And Than Act's Like A Keyboard And Enters It Into DHPOS Automatically

PWEB-Mike

Post by PWEB-Mike » Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:21 pm

A)Can you give the qb prog to dale to put up in user contributions.

B) I can't find a single bill feeeder on eBay -- what search term works?

C)Maybe you could work out a way so the people can press total and not let them input an amount but instead flag a cashier using remote....who would then input their pin and finalize the sale...

Just my suggestions :) :)

--
Mike

ibmsystems
Forum Regular

Post by ibmsystems » Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:20 pm

PWEB-Mike

The QB Program is still underdevlopment it has turned into quite a task

eBay Search Terms > Auto Bill Feeder , Self Checkout Feeder

When paying the customer inputs nothinurteg the bill feeder automatically tell POS how much was insirted unless useing credit and debit which than uses X-Charge

PWEB-Mike

Post by PWEB-Mike » Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:59 pm

When paying the customer inputs nothinurteg the bill feeder automatically tell POS how much was insirted unless useing credit and debit which than uses X-Charge
I meant if you don't have a bill feeder what would happen --
C)Maybe you could work out a way so the people can press total and not let them input an amount but instead flag a cashier using remote....who would then input their pin and finalize the sale...
Another Idea I had was the customer could "complete" the sale by chosing cash -- the system would then park the sale -- print a sales check w/ park number on it....they would present it to the cashier who could retrive the sale and finish the transaction

ibmsystems
Forum Regular

Post by ibmsystems » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:17 pm

hmmm that is an idea i might put in to the program for users who do not have a bill feeder

emery
Forum Regular

Re: DHPOS Set Up As Self Checkout

Post by emery » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:38 pm

I am currently making an actual self checkout program for dhpos, http://dhposselfcheckout.tk and am interested in IBM's program, i am making my own, but if you have one, could i have it, and what validator is it for? i am currently working with Pyrimad acceptors
DSC "Dhpos Self Checkout" Is currently being worked on again, the new site is at
http://dhpos.midislandsnoblazers.ca