Self checkout with NCR using DHPOS

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Should we focus on self checkouts?

Yes
39%
No
39%
I dont care
22%

Total votes: 23

grahamsw
Forum Regular
Self checkout with NCR using DHPOS

Post by grahamsw » Sun Jan 01, 2006 4:17 pm

Ok, here it goes, i know that somone has developed a program for using a billfeeder and pos, so why not take it up one level and do some programing so that the bill feeder AND the change reciever work. then we could move on to making change with coins and bills and then maybe even a touchscreen interfacee, Maybe? o maybe not that but I can dream cant I? the only thing that might be trickey would be getting the internal SERIAL printer to work with POS. oh and also coming up with 3 thousand dollars to purchase one of the units and another $250 to get it shipped to most palces and anther $300 in labor to get it assembled

BUT BASICLY WHAT I AM SAYING IS why dont we look in to this topic more
I have many clients that would like to put a self checkout in but like DHPOS soo much that they dont want top leave it just for that one feature

PLUS NCR sccansoft for POS STINKS and costs oo much and is slow

anyway, Just somthing to think about
Graham Wakefield
Wakefield Tech Services and Mobile POS

bdude
Forum Regular

Post by bdude » Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:42 pm

even if you don't use the NCR SelfScan unit (which are very cool btw), we could see about getting an interface that could work with a touchscreen maybe? or programmable keyboard.

grahamsw
Forum Regular

Just FYI

Post by grahamsw » Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:45 pm

Bdude, a touchscreen interface is currently being dvceloped by someone and should be ready soon

Just a FYI
Graham Wakefield

Alan
POS Guru

Hmm

Post by Alan » Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:44 pm

Sounds great IF somebody can program a touchscreen interface that interfaces with POS.

The NCR units that I've seen in the UK have a fancy animated and musical front screen which connects to a standard Win32 DOS till screen running behind it, with an onscreen keyboard for managers to fix problems.

grahamsw
Forum Regular

it is on the way

Post by grahamsw » Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:45 pm

Ibmsystems is the programmer for the interface but he has been sick recantly and has had technicla problems so the release will be delayed. I am just a beta tester and i have one of the NCR units so i will try it out. I will keep everone posted as will Ibmsystems

Lets keep our fingers crossed
Graham Wakefield

ibmsystems
Forum Regular

Post by ibmsystems » Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:25 pm

Ok i'am accept request for the software BY PM And Or DHPOS Chat ONLY I Will Be Releasing The Software Sometime By The End Of Next Month I Am Accepting Request Until Thursday The 22nd After That No More Request Will Be Accepted NO ACCEPTIONS[/u]

ibmsystems
Forum Regular

Post by ibmsystems » Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:36 pm

Ok i've now gotten done with the security feature heres how it goes

When you install t-screen you must get a product key from me
if you try to copy or mass distrubte the t screen it will give it self a new key there for you must get a product key from me

This will be intergraded into all t screen versions

bdude
Forum Regular

Post by bdude » Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:28 pm

ibmsystems wrote:Ok i'am accept request for the software BY PM And Or DHPOS Chat ONLY I Will Be Releasing The Software Sometime By The End Of Next Month I Am Accepting Request Until Thursday The 22nd After That No More Request Will Be Accepted NO ACCEPTIONS[/u]
it's spelt exceptions :)

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Spelling

Post by Dale Harris » Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:36 pm

bdude,

If we started correcting spelling errors around here we would have time for nothing else. Why just correcting my spelling would be an endless chore.
Dale

ibmsystems
Forum Regular

Re: Spelling

Post by ibmsystems » Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:19 pm

Dale Harris wrote:bdude,

If we started correcting spelling errors around here we would have time for nothing else. Why just correcting my spelling would be an endless chore.
I agree :D

PWEB-Mike

Post by PWEB-Mike » Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:39 pm

Just a note -- DH Pos would have to do so much more to function as self checkout --- it woul have to measure the counter or bagging area and match it up against product weights registered in the system.....just things to keep in mind.....

grahamsw
Forum Regular

remember

Post by grahamsw » Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:21 pm

the app for touchscreen is just linked into dhpos, it is a win program

plus the assumption is you will have staff and cameras watching the units
Graham Wakefield

ibmsystems
Forum Regular

Post by ibmsystems » Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:32 pm

The security issue is an easy fix as i already have it in progress:

A Backround program starts when TSS For DHPOS Starts (touchscreen system) The program will inturupt the TSS program if the weight added to the scale doesn't match the weight shown in the security database. Once the error is corrected the customer can continue the transaction

PWEB-Mike

Post by PWEB-Mike » Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:12 pm

I am really excited about this!

Who would think that a group of people with a little skill and determination will be able to do a better job than NCR (IMO)

Would you by any chance make it doable so that you would be able to use an affordable scale solution (hopefully with a scale that could be purchased on ebay)?

The staff window that they use to "remote view" looks just like POS remote but I am pretty sure it flags them if you seem to have a problem.

-----

Is there any approx date for the release of this?

Keep up the great work!

--
Mike

ibmsystems
Forum Regular

Post by ibmsystems » Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:26 pm

PWEB-Mike wrote:I am really excited about this!

Who would think that a group of people with a little skill and determination will be able to do a better job than NCR (IMO)

Would you by any chance make it doable so that you would be able to use an affordable scale solution (hopefully with a scale that could be purchased on ebay)?

The staff window that they use to "remote view" looks just like POS remote but I am pretty sure it flags them if you seem to have a problem.

-----

Is there any approx date for the release of this?

Keep up the great work!

--
Mike
The program will be released No Later Than Feb 31st I havent been feling well so i havent been able to work as much so it has been delayed yes the remote view program is bassed off of POS remote but the problem item turns red when the error occurs so the employee can see the problem easily.

yes the program can be used with most scanners (handsfree and handheld)

I Have Tested Symbol And PSC Scanners So They Are Guranteed Compatabile