Alternate Transaction Numbers

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Bobby
Forum Regular
Alternate Transaction Numbers

Post by Bobby » Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:24 pm

Hello,

I have been trying to get the alternate transaction option to work, and it is not working. No matter what changes I make in the printer setup, it is still printing 4 tranaction numbers and no alternate tranactions numbers. I am using the latest version, 6.37.

Thanks,
Bobby

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

"Additional"

Post by Dale Harris » Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:38 pm

Bobby,

Actually they are the "<u>Additional</u> alternate transaction numbers."

This means that when you print the alternate transaction numbers that the normal transaction numbers are still there which is a truely wonderful thing because the rest of the program keeps track of each transaction by the regular transaction number.

The alternate transaction number will be to the left of the dashed line under the normal transaction number like this...

<PRE>
---------------------------------------
TRAN ASSOCIATE TIME
2564 1 DALE 17:22
98-14 ---------------------------------
STOCK NUMBER DESCRIPTION PRICE
12345678901234 RUBBER GRIP KEY 4.29

</pre>

where the red number is the alternate transaction number.

Well with the normal transaction number there, why does anyone need the alternate transaction number and why is it two numbers?

Some countries (I am not naming names here, you know who you are) require that the transaction number counts the number of times that the register has been reset and then the number of transactions since it was last reset. This way the local tax pals will know the order of journals and the count of the transactions on each journal. I guess that it is way too difficult for them to use the date on each transaction and to make sure that the transaction number on an opening receipt is 1 more than the transaction number on the closing receipt from the previous night. Or they just like making my life difficult.

So on the red alternate transaction number sample above (98-14) the "98" is the number of times the register has been reset and the "14" is the number of transactions that have occured today.

Notes:

1. The alternate transaction numbers will not print in red on your receipts. I just like playing with color text on this forum and I enjoy messing with your mind.
2. Both numbers will reset to 0 after they reach 30,000 so if you have more than 30,000 sales on ONE register in a single day or use this register for more than 82 years, assuming that you close out the register only once a day, this could be a problem.
3. The alternate transaction numbers are incremented even if you choose not to print them. This keeps anyone from using the clever idea of turning them off, ringing a bunch of transactions then "losing" them, then turning the alternate transaction numbers back on.
Dale

Bobby
Forum Regular

Yes, I know

Post by Bobby » Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:58 pm

Hello,

Yes, I know that these are additional number, and what I am saying is that they are not printing up. I get the normal transaction numbers, but the additional alternate numbers are not printing on the receipt.

Thanks,
Bobby

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Version

Post by Dale Harris » Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:59 pm

Bobby,

What version of POS are you using?
Dale

grahamsw
Forum Regular

Post by grahamsw » Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:31 pm

I am using the latest version, 6.37.
Graham Wakefield
Wakefield Tech Services and Mobile POS

grahamsw
Forum Regular

Post by grahamsw » Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:32 pm

he said that in the firs message
Graham Wakefield
Wakefield Tech Services and Mobile POS

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

??????.POS file

Post by Dale Harris » Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:04 pm

Bobby,

Send to me as an attachment to an email the file that ends with the extension ???????.POS This will allow me to try out the POS program with your settings.

My email address is daleharris@prodigy.net
Dale