Cash Drawer

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

fawn
Cash Drawer

Post by fawn » Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:37 pm

Can I hook up my cash drawer to the computer, instead of the printer? And if so how would I set it up, and what type of connector would I need to hook it up?

grahamsw
Forum Regular

WE NEED INFO

Post by grahamsw » Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:33 pm

Fawn, We need some info about your drawer to tell you if this is possible, first, what brand and model of drawer is it, second, have you had it hooked up to a printer before and had it pop, Next, what kind of interface does it have

I acctualy reccomend using a printer with it because it is just much simpler and then you have the printer as well

If you want some reccomendations on printers, then just send me a Email
Graham@wakefieldtech.com

let us know the info and maybe we can help you
Graham Wakefield
Wakefield Tech Services and Mobile POS

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Cash drawers

Post by Dale Harris » Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:52 pm

Fawn,

There are two types of cash drawers that will open electronically. One connects to a receipt printer and the connecting cable has a plug that looks like a telephone plug.

The other type connects directly to the computer's serial port and has a typical computer port plug. It is usually possible to get a serial port cash drawer to function with my POS software but not always.

What kind of plug is on your cash drawer?
Dale

Fawn

Post by Fawn » Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:00 pm

I actually dont have a cash drawer right now, but i am trying to find one, and im trying to find the right one.

ibmsystems
Forum Regular

Post by ibmsystems » Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:05 pm

For A Cash Drawer Either:

A

Serial (if not using recept printer)
Printer Connecetion (Via Recept Printer Plug Will Look Like Your Phone Plug)