Cash drawer open delay when start POS

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

lsunw
Forum Regular
Cash drawer open delay when start POS

Post by lsunw » Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:45 am

Everyday in the morning i experienced this: When I start my PC, run POS, i do not choose to print the opening receipt (which i dont want to waste paper on printing zero zero stuff)...if i choose to print the opening receipt the cash drawer open immediately...but if i choose not to print the the cash drawer will only open after 60 seconds(just an estimation) of delay...what wrong? 10-15second i can accept...but the delay is too long...

I'm runing POS on winXP and network.

ibmsystems
Forum Regular

Post by ibmsystems » Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:41 pm

hmmm my assuption is that the program assumes that you are not going to process sales but you are just getting reports adding items to stock table etc. so the program delays but it also could be that your recepet printer receives the code and looks for something to print before sending the data to the cash drawer it could be either one i usually print my opening recpet just in case of my store gets an audit it's just good to have and makes life alot easier

lsunw
Forum Regular

Post by lsunw » Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:36 pm

i think u miss understand...

everyday, you will put in the open cash into your cash drawer right, so POS will print out an opening receipt for that...it is similar with the closing receipt.

But I have the option to print or not to print the opening receipt. which i think the opening receipt is not neccessaly for me...so i choose not to print.

So, If i choose to print then everything go right, the cash drawer will open immediately after the printing. But, my caswe is i choose not to print so the drawer will delay quite a while before it open.

ibmsystems
Forum Regular

Post by ibmsystems » Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:05 pm

ok maybe i missunderstand

1. R U Using a serial cash drawer or are you using one connected to a recpet printer?

if you are using a regular printer (letter) than i dont know why that would happen.

lsunw
Forum Regular

Post by lsunw » Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:31 pm

i use receipt printer, and the cash drawer is connected to the printer using RJ45...