Credit Tender

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

ChrisKraus
Forum Regular
Credit Tender

Post by ChrisKraus » Sat Feb 07, 2004 1:05 pm

:arrow: As We All Know, The Credit & Debit issue has been solved.
<HR>
I was wondering, If the Credit tender option could be like the Check tender option. If Check can collect Check #, ID Type, ID # and Phone Number than why can't Credit collect things as well. It could be like this:

- Card Type (A Pre-Spcified List, Like ID Type)
- Card Number (A 16-Digit # Field)
- Expiration Date (A "##/##" Field)
- Cardholders Name (A Text Field)
- The Amount Field

This Way, At the end of the day, you could take the second reciept printed that is put into the drawer when a Credit transaction is done and at the end of the days you could Batch them into the Credit Card terminal.

Just A Suggestion,
Chris :)

<HR>
The moderator removed some emoticons from this post to conserve bandwidth. Please limit to about 3 emoticons/post.
- Chris
Christopher Kraus

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

I don't want my CC info in no stinking cash register.

Post by Dale Harris » Sat Feb 07, 2004 5:21 pm

Chris,

I have purposely not included asking for credit card information in the POS program. CC information should be kept in as few places as possible. We don't want little, unknown hands to be using the POS program to access our customer's CC info, do we? For the same reason we don't want to print this information on the customer receipts just in case the customer loses their receipt in an unfortunate location.

I can just see an enraged customer returning to your shop and telling you that after buying something from you, that now some unknown person is using his card to charge trips to Aruba and you then telling him that it is not possible because you only are storing his Card Type, Card Number, Expiration Date, and Cardholders Name on your computer and are printing it on his receipts.

You are going to need and entire new set of teeth.
Dale

ChrisKraus
Forum Regular

Re: I don't want my CC info in no stinking cash register.

Post by ChrisKraus » Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:57 am

Well, Yeah, Your Right. That Makes Sense
Dale Harris wrote:Chris,

I have purposely not included asking for credit card information in the POS program. CC information should be kept in as few places as possible. We don't want little, unknown hands to be using the POS program to access our customer's CC info, do we? For the same reason we don't want to print this information on the customer receipts just in case the customer loses their receipt in an unfortunate location.

I can just see an enraged customer returning to your shop and telling you that after buying something from you, that now some unknown person is using his card to charge trips to Aruba and you then telling him that it is not possible because you only are storing his Card Type, Card Number, Expiration Date, and Cardholders Name on your computer and are printing it on his receipts.

You are going to need and entire new set of teeth.
- Chris
Christopher Kraus