A Little Bug

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

RollerBall
Forum Regular
A Little Bug

Post by RollerBall » Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:16 am

If you select ' 4. No Sale - Cash in/out' on the main menu, the new menu that comes up has its entries for 'Cash Pull' and 'Cash Drop' reversed.

This is how IT SHOULD BE (I've just used a hex editor to switch the entries)

Compare this to what you get in your system ;)

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Point of view

Post by Dale Harris » Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:08 am

Actually it is correct the way it is, it all depends on your point of view.

Since the POS software runs on the cash register the point of view of the program is what is happening on the cash register, not the cash office.

A "cash pull" pulls money into the cash register.

a "cash drop" drops money out of the cash register.
Dale

RollerBall
Forum Regular

Post by RollerBall » Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:13 am

:D

See, we have different logic either side of the pond. On your menu it says 'Purchase' when we have in mind to do a Sale!

And I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be alone also thinking that a cash 'pull' over here would be from the drawer and a 'drop' would be into it.

siiiighhhhh.......

Divided by a common language - but we had it first :lol:

Dale, I've been steadily working my way through your package and I'm mighty impressed by it. You have taken an awful lot of trouble with it and it shows. Thanks a lot.

I hope you don't mind me taking the liberty of changing these little bits with my trusty hex editor to suit our Brit logic :?

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Changes

Post by Dale Harris » Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:46 am

RollerBall,

Your changes are fine with me as long as you realize that every time I release a new version that you will have to make them all over again. :)
Dale

ibmsystems
Forum Regular

Post by ibmsystems » Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:22 pm

RollerBall wrote::D

See, we have different logic either side of the pond. On your menu it says 'Purchase' when we have in mind to do a Sale!

And I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be alone also thinking that a cash 'pull' over here would be from the drawer and a 'drop' would be into it.

siiiighhhhh.......

Divided by a common language - but we had it first :lol:

Dale, I've been steadily working my way through your package and I'm mighty impressed by it. You have taken an awful lot of trouble with it and it shows. Thanks a lot.

I hope you don't mind me taking the liberty of changing these little bits with my trusty hex editor to suit our Brit logic :?
lol when i first put dhpos in my store i was asked this question by every employee (Beacuse an employee does what needs to be done there isnt any POS employee stocker employee etc) and all employees finally have it down but yes cash pull seems to be removing and drop seems to be adding :D

grantm
Forum Regular

Post by grantm » Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:50 pm

why not use "loan" and "pickup" instead? A little easier to understand.

RollerBall
Forum Regular

Post by RollerBall » Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:07 pm

:?

hmmm... not sure I agree with that. I like pull and drop but I just envisage them the other way round to the way they are in the program. Don't want to give Dale nightmares anyway about changing all of his well-established terminology... (hey Dale, what about put and take........Dale, put that stick down....it was only a joke :) )

ibmsystems
Forum Regular

Post by ibmsystems » Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:25 pm

RollerBall wrote::?

hmmm... not sure I agree with that. I like pull and drop but I just envisage them the other way round to the way they are in the program. Don't want to give Dale nightmares anyway about changing all of his well-established terminology... (hey Dale, what about put and take........Dale, put that stick down....it was only a joke :) )
RollerBall> lol :lol:

RollerBall
Forum Regular

Post by RollerBall » Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:27 pm

Hey - seriously folks.

As the main menu says '4. No Sale - Cash in/out' why not have the next menu say 'Cash In' and 'Cash Out'. That would avoid any confusion about the meaning of 'pull' and 'drop' and also follows on directly from what the main menu says.

Just a suggestion.....but I'm not that fussed now I know ;)