Bug-F4 PASTE function enters wrong value in Inventory Column

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

brucef2112
Forum Regular
Bug-F4 PASTE function enters wrong value in Inventory Column

Post by brucef2112 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:17 pm

Hi Dale,
Once again, Super job on your POS software.

However, I think there is a problem with the copy/past functions in the Stock Table's Inventory Column.

Using the F4 Paste feature in the 'Inventory' column, pastes a fractional number instead of the original whole number that was copied using the F3 Copy from another record above.

To reproduce, goto the stock table. Enter some data (as a whole number) in the 'Inventory column' for a record (example 2.000). Use the F3 key to copy it. Move to another (or new) record and use the F4 key to Paste. The result will be 0.002 and not the 2.000 that was originally copied. This seems to only be a problem with whole numbers. Any decimal numbers (like 445) seem to Paste OK (as .445). Also if you enter the number 4.56 (4 point 5 6) the result after hitting the ENTER key is .456 and not the 4.56 as expected.

Another odd thing happens while doing data entry in the inventory column. If you enter a decimal point value like .05 the ZERO does not show as you type "." "0" "5". The result after hitting ENTER shows the correct value as typed, however *during* data entry it is a bit confusing to the luser if they can not see the "Point" "Zero" as its typed (entered) in.

Thanks for the great software,
Bruce

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Copy / paste error

Post by Dale Harris » Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:45 pm

You know Bruce, you can put two error reports in the same thread. That way when I fix them I only need to post at the end of one thread, not many. :)

Anyway, both the "copy / paste" error and the "clear vendor stock number" have been fixed and you can download the fix with the link below. This assumes that you are currently running version 6.37, if not wait for the full release download.

BTW, your description of the problems was exceptional. Want to be a beta tester?

The file below will overwrite your current POS.EXE, STOCKS.EXE and FILEINFO.EXE program files so make sure to back them up first.

<center> http://keyhut.com/pos638b3.zip </center>

Download this file to your current POS folder and then extract / unzip the file.
Dale

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Zeros

Post by Dale Harris » Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:50 pm

Oops, I forgot.

The decimal point is there, just the zeros between the decimal point and the right end of the entry box are not. The NUMBERS function that I use does not allow leading zeros, that is just the way the program works.

Since all parts of the program that allow the entry of numbers uses the same NUMBERS function it is not practial to change it.

Sorry,
Dale

brucef2112
Forum Regular

Post by brucef2112 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:33 pm

BTW, your description of the problems was exceptional.
Want to be a beta tester?
Dale,
You are obviously a sharp and shrewd man who
can quickly identify a fool that comes your way.
Sure, I’ll beta test for you. Where do I sign-up? :D

Later,
Bruce

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Sign-up

Post by Dale Harris » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:38 pm

Bruce,

You just have. Did you try out the fix yet?
Dale