Requested Feature

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Requested Feature

Post by guest » Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:46 pm

How about if under No Sale another option would be "Change Register". It would then print out a reciept with how much is currently in the till, and then would ask you how much is in the drawer, and reset how much is in the drawer

ibmsystems
Forum Regular

Post by ibmsystems » Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:50 pm

No i dont think so i think the no sale feature is fine for now ;)

Tina

Breakfast

Post by Tina » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:13 pm

I want POS to cook me breakfast. Feed the cat, wash the dishes, & walk the dog.

Just kidding!
Tina

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Kidding

Post by Dale Harris » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:17 pm

Tina,

You might be kidding but I think I have had one or two of those features requested by others.
Dale

FormicaFun
Forum Regular

Actually....

Post by FormicaFun » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:19 pm

It's not a half bad idea... I don't know about the resetting the amount that's supposed to be in the drawer, but having a record on the journal of a countdown would be usefull. We used to use a method much like this at a non-profit store I voulenteered<sp?> at . Between cashiers we would count the drawer and key in our totals, the register would then print out a slip comparing what we found against what was supposed to be there and show the overage/shortage. Then the next cashier would take over. This was also handy incase there was a qestion over change back beeing incorrect.

Dale,

If you consider this, it would be ultra keen if the calculator came out of hiding in background and was used. Like say when you entered this screen....the calculator would pop up to make adding the total easier. When you were done, something like "Press [tab] to use total displayed". ...or if you wanted to get really brazen, have a screen like the banks have. Line for each bill, and coin that you simply enter the quantity of each beside. Wouldn't be hard to do the math, after all, this is nothing but really fancy calculator software, and show the breakdown, totals and variance on the report. No need to save the data much past the journal, kinda like when you print a sales report. No before you go all international about the differences in coin/bill value... IF you decided to go with the 'breakdown' approach, why not offer the option to set our own values for the lines in setup? I don't see any of us needing more than say 20 fields or so.

Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions?

-Ryan :-)

Hey IBM, don't be so quick to shoot down ideas. The nosale function has grown over the years. Thoughts of Paidouts were once scoffed at are now a feauture. The calculator hasn't always been there. True, I may have taken it to the extreeme with the "breakdown" idea....but it's really not a bad one.....would be nice to see how we arrived to our total, not just what it is. And yes...I'm still of the thought that the Pull/Drop should be changed to In/Out, because I still get the two confused....but I'm not complaining. :-)

Oh, and Dale.....can POS do my taxes?

Post by guest » Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:13 pm

acutally instead of change register it would say change drawer, so that you can change the till, and the cash in register amount would be correct

ibmsystems
Forum Regular

Re: Breakfast

Post by ibmsystems » Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:56 pm

Tina wrote:I want POS to cook me breakfast. Feed the cat, wash the dishes, & walk the dog.

Just kidding!
Tina
lol lol lol lol :lol: :D lol lol LOL!!!!

lol go to microsoft they can do that lol!

grahamsw
Forum Regular

Or.......

Post by grahamsw » Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:42 am

Dale,
Can POS do my homework, Clean my room and keep a soda cold

Just my wishes
Graham Wakefield
Wakefield Tech Services and Mobile POS

ibmsystems
Forum Regular

Re: Or.......

Post by ibmsystems » Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:55 pm

grahamsw wrote:Dale,
Can POS do my homework, Clean my room and keep a soda cold

Just my wishes
Ok people lets get serious a little eh?
Naah lmao

Tech

Um, NO!

Post by Tech » Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:06 pm

How about, um... NO!
Here's why:
Let's say your store is busy, you have two tills (or three tills)
and at some point an employee gets ready to leave and following
the no-one-touches-my-drawer theory of accountability you go to
change the drawer so someone else can use it; there's 600 in the
drawer from the cashiers shift; no customer (emphasize NO) customer
is going to wait for you to go to the office and count this drawer then enter the amount so someone can ring them up.
And, granted, you have other tills this counts major negative points
on your service grade, thus inevitably lowering sales - screwing you.

This situation and others like it are what have provoked me to suggest
the feature to dale of using a program similar to monitor to remotely
open, close, change drawers of, disable, and enable registers. Another
good aspect of this is that in the morning when you as a manger get to
the store and take the drawers out of the safe and put one in each register you could go back to the office and enable them all from a
single location - resulting in a faster POS Open, now that that your POS is open ( fast ) you can help your opening employees. Welcome to effeciency.

Thus, I pose microsofts question: Are your people_ready?