cant find the item in stock table

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Heman
cant find the item in stock table

Post by Heman » Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:31 pm

hi..thanks to Dale Harris pos that help me alot.
it was a nice program.
i found out some problem.
an item stock number 2100000000012
description apple
r.price 1

when i scan the barcode number n it said item not found.
thanks...

heman

dhUser

Post by dhUser » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:56 pm

Possible Problems are:
- The item does not exist in your stock table
- The barcode scanner is not reading it right
- You did not enter it exactly in the stock table as you scanned it

dhUser

ibmsystems
Forum Regular

Post by ibmsystems » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:06 pm

herman>

When you enter an item in the stock table Use the barcode scanner not the keyboard that way how ever the scanner reads it is the way its put in the stock table :D

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Not found

Post by Dale Harris » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:11 pm

Heman,

Yep, I would count those zeros in the stock table listing for that stock number.

Can the other items in the stock table be found?

There is a slight possibility that the index of the stock table has been corrupted but if that were the case then no items in the stock table could be found by stock number. To re-index the stock table return to the stock table feature of the POSCONFG.EXE program (where you can enter new items) and the stock table will automatically re-index.
Dale

brucef2112
Forum Regular

Post by brucef2112 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:08 am

If it’s not an index problem then I would say the scanner might be configured to drop the check-digit from the barcode (the last digit to right of the barcode). I have my Scanner set up this way because most people looking/reading a bar code don't "see" or think that that number out to the right is part of the barcode number. Most people would read the 5 numbers wedged within the barcode. This also makes sense because many of the items I sell, the 5-digit product code of the barcode often match the vendor's stock number. By including the check-digit it makes the recognition of items difficult.

The idea about scanning the BC to enter data in the table is a great idea. I do this with just about all my entries in the table. It makes me warm and fuzzy knowing that what was scanned in will come back out when scanned again.

If not any of the above, then double-check that you haven't used the "O" key instead of the "0" key. Late night data entry without a scanner has caught me more than once on this...

Later,
Bruce

Heman

Post by Heman » Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:22 pm

today i do some testing..
n i found out if the stock number is two digits coming with 9 zero's will occur problem..
like 35000000000, 1200000000034.
i try on keyboard input, stock table input.
thanks.
Heman

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Bunch of zeros

Post by Dale Harris » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:51 pm

Heman,

Are those even real barcode numbers? The search method the program uses has been in effect since the stock table went to 13,000 possible items (several years) and no one else has had a problem with it.

But anyway, I have tracked down the problem and fixed it. However since every part of the program that has to look up an item by stock number (lots o' parts) is affected this makes me real nervous.

This version has been released at....
<center> http://keyhut.com/pos3.htm </center>

This is a full program download that will replace all of your .EXE program files. So do the back up thing before downloading this file to your current POS folder and unzipping it.

I was planning on uploading the final release version of POS 6.38 tonight but needless to say this has put the kabosh on that plan. So anyone who can, please beta test this and report back here. The idea here is to test all parts of the program that handle items in the stock table.
Last edited by Dale Harris on Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dale

Tina

Scanners

Post by Tina » Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:54 am

Wanna hear something messed up?

Years ago before I started using a scanner I was too lazy to enter the whole barcode so I decided to to just use the ten #'s in the middle of the code. One day I decide that it would be a wise idea to get a scanner. I got a scanner and wouldn't you know that nothing I scanned would work. ITEM NOT FOUND. After messing with the scanner I finally got it to work by having the scanner ignore the first # to the very left of the barcode. To make a long story short I am stuck with these rather exspensive ccd scanners that half the time won't scan anyhow. I bet if I got a quecat it wouldn't even work. It would probablly try to scan the first # too. Say I had a barcode like so 0 12345 67890 7 my scanner only picks up 12345 67890. Would the cuecat scan the whole thing?

Thanks
Tina

ibmsystems
Forum Regular

Post by ibmsystems » Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:46 am

Tina>

Yep the cuecat will scan the entire barcode like it's supposed to be scanned

Heman

Post by Heman » Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:53 am

Tina>
i think is the scanner problem,try to find the handbook n setting it by the factory setting barcode...every scanner have different setting barcode..

Dale Harris>
thanks a lot. n i will try the beta 5 in these few days.
thanks

heman