cash draw problem

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

angelo
cash draw problem

Post by angelo » Tue Feb 10, 2004 6:38 am

Hi Guys,
I have just started to use this softwear and find it excellent, however i can not get my cash draw to open! when i first turn on the computer it opens fine but then when i go to make a sale it will not open because wll i dont know why i have the following cash draw..
posiflex cr3104
it was working fine with windows me but now on xp nothing!!
please help
thanks
Angelo
angelo@kiteforce.co.uk

Jonathan Simpson
Site Administrator

Windows XP

Post by Jonathan Simpson » Tue Feb 10, 2004 8:11 am

It all comes down to one thing... Windows XP. Windows XP just isn't real friendly about letting dos use serial ports... I'll see if I can work something else... maybe an aprint add on.

Jonathan Simpson

angelo

Post by angelo » Thu Feb 12, 2004 4:19 am

Hi Thanks for you reply,
I am using a com port and have a little phone type plug as well that the cash draw also plugs into
i have the posiflex cr3104 it opens fine on windows startup but not when i want to do a sale?
Thanks again
Angelo

Jonathan Simpson
Site Administrator

cdk (cash drawer kick)

Post by Jonathan Simpson » Thu Feb 12, 2004 8:50 am

Out of what appears to be a pretty big need, I threw together this little program last night. If you run it (just by double clicking), it should kick your drawer open. If it works ok, then open the serial1.bat file in you pos folder and empty it, replacing whatever is in it with "cdk.exe" You must also put cdk.exe in your pos folder. This will only work for com1, if you need a different port, let me know :)

http://return.no-ip.org/products/cdk.exe

Jonathan Simpson

angelo

Post by angelo » Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:45 pm

Hi,
I done that and first it opened with i clicked on it!! but when i went into the program to do a sale it did not work?? when i click on the old serial1.bat file it opens the draw as well but when i am using the program in dos it will not open the draw? is there any thing i can do ?? is anyone else using dos in windows xp and have it working on a com port? if anyone can make a program thats works with this software it would be great because i do not want to have to change the pos software and load all my stock table in again.
Thanks all
Angelo

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:42 pm

Angelo, right click the SERIAL1.BAT file - then click Edit

It should open in Notepad, remove everything that is in there and simply put:

cdk.exe

on the first line, save and close - now try POS, don't forget to set the cash drawer to COM1 in POSCONFG.
DHPOS Veteran (from v3.46, July 2002)

ANGELO

Post by ANGELO » Mon Feb 16, 2004 4:54 am

It works!!!!!!
thanks for all your help!! :D

GAWG
Forum Regular

Re: cdk (cash drawer kick)

Post by GAWG » Sun Feb 22, 2004 10:46 am

Jonathan Simpson wrote:Out of what appears to be a pretty big need, I threw together this little program last night. If you run it (just by double clicking), it should kick your drawer open. If it works ok, then open the serial1.bat file in you pos folder and empty it, replacing whatever is in it with "cdk.exe" You must also put cdk.exe in your pos folder. This will only work for com1, if you need a different port, let me know :)

http://return.no-ip.org/products/cdk.exe

Jonathan Simpson
The connection was refused - has the file been moved?
Thx

Jonathan

still working for me

Post by Jonathan » Sun Feb 22, 2004 11:10 am

Still appears to be working. Might have been a temporary issue, as I have been on the backup server for a couple days.