Something that made me laugh at work today...

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Andrew
Site Administrator
Something that made me laugh at work today...

Post by Andrew » Wed Feb 11, 2004 2:54 am

Here's an off topic post about something that made me laugh today while working at the supermarket (not using DHPOS I'm afraid) :D

A customer was purchasing a pineapple, these normally have a tag with a barcode and although we can bring up a "Short List" for certain departments e.g. "Fruit" we had been told to scan the barcode and not use the PLU as in the Short List menu.

This pineapple had no tag - so I decided "stuff it" I'll try the one in the list, I opened the list, scrolled down to PINEAPPLE and hit Enter.

!!! A big red error appears and informs me "ITEM IS NOT FOR SALE!" :P

I thought this was quite funny, however from the list I could see the price beside the item, and simply entered it as a General Department item under "PRODUCE".

Well that was kinda sad but it made me laugh anyways lol.
DHPOS Veteran (from v3.46, July 2002)

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Wrong term?

Post by Dale Harris » Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:07 am

Andrew,

Well the problem might lie in the fact that "Pineapple" is an old slang term for "Hand grenade" and maybe that is what the register thought you were trying to ring up. I think you can understand why those are not for sale. :)
Dale