[Suggestion] Reduce keystroke for PURCHASE StockTable lookup

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

lsunw
Forum Regular
[Suggestion] Reduce keystroke for PURCHASE StockTable lookup

Post by lsunw » Wed May 10, 2006 1:01 am

PURCHASE->[F1]->stock table llok up screen->[TAB]->search screen. with a list of search by...1.Stock Number 2.Description 3.Price...

My suggestion is move the Description to Top...logic thinking...if i know the stock number then i wouldn't goto this step...
Advatage of moving Description to top instead of stock number...i can quickly press [enter] to do my search...else for a none PC oriented sale person...it will have to look for button [no.2] then [enter]

Hope you can understand the way i describe in such simplify way...but i believed who use DHPOS should be very familiar and easy to understand.

Slow check out for cashier is a bad impression for customer...

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Search

Post by Dale Harris » Wed May 10, 2006 3:21 pm

lsunw,

Well actually you are not supposed to be using the search function that often. The search function is only to be used in the extremely rare occasion when you cannot fine the stock number on the item. Either every item in the store is supposed to have a stock number / barcode stuck on it somewhere, or if you sell very few different items have a printed list taped to the register.

Another option is to use the "Groups" feature.

But if you are searching for an item by description on even one out of 20 sales there is something wrong with the way you ring up items.
Dale

lsunw
Forum Regular

Post by lsunw » Wed May 10, 2006 11:58 pm

I agree with you...i also didnt use the search even once...the best way is to use barcode...If like that should we removed the search...if we not removing the search then should we make it more user friendly...just an idea for you only...

FormicaFun
Forum Regular

Post by FormicaFun » Thu May 11, 2006 9:56 am

The search feature is user friendly.

ibmsystems
Forum Regular

Post by ibmsystems » Thu May 11, 2006 7:33 pm

FormicaFun wrote:The search feature is user friendly.
I agree. I see no need of a change in this area