Screen Changes

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Tina
Occasional Poster
Screen Changes

Post by Tina » Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:27 am

I think switching Description & Item # flows better now & seeing as you are working on sales screen layouts how about placing an Items: 10
above the Subtotal.. Say you scan 10 items, the program displays Items: 10 on the screen. This actaully helps sales people to be accurate in selling items especially where as the screen only shows 10 rows items at a time. 10 item's in the bag 10 item's on the screen we are good. NEXT!! 12 items in the bag, only 10 lines on the screen.. did i actually scan them all?? An items: 12 on the screen would come in handy..

been away for a bit but i'm back

Tina

FormicaFun
Forum Regular

Post by FormicaFun » Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:20 am

Do you mean like an item count? Total items, or just number of lines?

peewee3ie
Forum Regular

Post by peewee3ie » Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:24 am

I think Tana means Item count.

I would also like that as it comes in very handy when you are very busy.

It will have to be worked out from QTY (Pieces sold) not by line.
Tony McGuire
Ireland Support

dhUser
Forum Regular

Post by dhUser » Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:30 pm

I think it would be good to have somewhere (probably on the bottom of the screen), a thing showing the total number of items that were sold.

Also, print the item count on the receipt: such as NUMBER OF ITEMS SOLD: ...

Just my idea.

dhUser
dhuser
Thanks for your support

brucef2112
Forum Regular

Save Dale's Sanity, not the item count

Post by brucef2112 » Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:21 pm

OK,
Before we get too far with this and cause chest pains for Dale,
What is the item count going to be for this sale?

2 pitchforks each
3 torches each
2.75 bulk natural ferterlizer lb
1.25 bulk grey matter lb

Is the item count:
A: 7
B: 9
C: 8
D: 10
E: PRINT RND * 10 :idea:

What if they also buy a half pound of cheese? (good idea if your going
for a long trek with pitchfork and torch in hand)
Is it now 9, 9.5, 10.5 items?

I say we save Dale's sanity, and not the item count
bruce

RollerBall
Forum Regular

Post by RollerBall » Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:43 am

If program memory availability is getting short - and I gather it is - I don't see this as being a big need. Items shouldn't end up in the basket unless they've been scanned. Don't worry about how many are in there - just make sure you get paid ;)

Tina
Occasional Poster

Items

Post by Tina » Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:15 am

In that case, items weighed up would be considered as one item. A sandwich, bag of chips, 1 1/2 lbs apples, 2 lbs of grapes would be 4 Items Sold. Thats an easy one because you can just go by the line count. It's only helpful when you go over 10 items because there are only 10 lines per screen in the selling app.

Tina

SwedaGuy
Forum Regular

Post by SwedaGuy » Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:15 pm

I've sold and supported POS systems for close to 15 years, and in my professional experience the item count is just that: The number of items sold, not any sort of cumulative quantity. That said, 16.639 pounds of squash would be 1 item in the item count, unless it was weighed as two seperate line items (say 9.224 and 7.415) due to scale capacity.

Whether or not this feature is necessary, can be debated...but I will say that every single cash register or POS system I've ever sold or serviced (hundreds of different machines), even a few mechanicals, have had an item count function.

It's a pretty basic function...but is it important?

Most cash registers (anything beyond the $99 Royal at Staples) use the Item count to calculate cashier productivity, sales per unit time and average customer sales. If those are figures you are interested in monitoring (cashier productivity is often the big one there), than this feature might ought to be an option--as with most cash registers--that can be turned on and off at the discretion of the end user.
There are 10 types of people, those that understand binary, and those that do not...

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Employee productivity

Post by Dale Harris » Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:05 pm

If the item count can be used to determine employee productivity I think that would be an excellent reason not to include it in DHPOS
Dale

SwedaGuy
Forum Regular

Post by SwedaGuy » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:05 pm

By other things I've read on this forum today, I assumed that would be your position...
There are 10 types of people, those that understand binary, and those that do not...

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Not evil

Post by Dale Harris » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:14 pm

SwedaGuy,

Yep, like the Google folks I try not to be evil.

Plus it looks like this forum has filled your afternoon with something to do. :)
Dale

SwedaGuy
Forum Regular

Post by SwedaGuy » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:29 pm

Oh, yes indeed!

For some reason, I have had a really hard time getting back into the swing of things today...so I wasted the day browsing on line...

Your forum is rather interesting, however, from a professional standpoint. Personally, I need something with a little more control, for the most part, but if I find anyone looking for a richly featured POS package that they can easily afford, I would be happy to point them this way.

I'll have to keep an eye on this site, as you continue to add new features...

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Post by Dale Harris » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:00 pm

SwedaGuy,

Yep, we are nothing if not easily affordable.
Dale