Printing receipts is making program disappear

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

stuckperson
Forum Regular
Printing receipts is making program disappear

Post by stuckperson » Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:27 pm

Hi,
When I print receipts the program minimises itself and the printer display opens, is there anyway I can make the printer display open in the background so POS is always open on top? Its a pain to have to keep flicking between programs, especially when business is busy.

Thanks for any info :D

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:47 pm

APRINT comes to the foreground? Perhaps you mean your printer's "Printing Progress" window opens and takes focus, if this is the case you will need to refer to your printer settings as this is not a DHPOS error.
DHPOS Veteran (from v3.46, July 2002)

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Weird

Post by Dale Harris » Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:41 pm

Well this is weird. What version of Windows are you using?

Does anyone else have this problem?
Dale

peachey13
Forum Regular

Post by peachey13 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:14 pm

what is the make and model of printer??

if it is a cannon they have a special printer progess program, i know how to fix it but thats on my home computer so i will report back with it.

RollerBall
Forum Regular

Post by RollerBall » Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:14 am

Yeah I found that with certain printers when I first started and was testing on 'page' printers running in Windows. Epson and Lexmark have a similar thing - you know, it shows page progress, printer ink levels and stuff. Couldn't find a way to stop it.

But I'd say to try and get hold of proper receipt printers anyway. You're harming your business by not doing so just in image alone. Receipt prnters are quick, self configuring (usually) as they don't need any extra drivers and they are just 'right' for this application. And you can pick em up off Ebay for not a lot of money - but make sure you get parallel versions.

Thermal are best but don't be put off dot matrix. Good makes like Epson don't jam if you load paper and ribbon properly and they easily print quickly enough - by the time you've taken the cash and got the change the receipt will always be waiting for you to tear it off.

stuckperson
Forum Regular

Post by stuckperson » Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:40 am

Hi,
to answer all your questions I'm running XP and its a canon pixma ip1500

ChrisKraus
Forum Regular

Post by ChrisKraus » Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:51 am

Usually If You Have One of Those Printer-Assistant Programs, There is an Option to Disable It, Like I Did for My Lexmark P6250 All-In-One. Probably the same type of option available for the Cannon Software.
- Chris :)
- Chris
Christopher Kraus