Stock Table

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

stuckperson
Forum Regular
Stock Table

Post by stuckperson » Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:43 pm

Hi, Sorry if this has been answered already but I'm just wondering, when I've put all my stock in to the stock list, is there anyway to put in how many of each item I have instore, so that when I sell each item, the total in stock goes down, and then I can periodically check which items are low of stock. Thanks a lot for all info given.

Truly a Stuckperson :D

RollerBall
Forum Regular

Post by RollerBall » Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:56 pm

Yep - not only is there, but it's essential that you should as otherwise you can't do proper stock control. And not only that, but if as well as the actual stock for each item, if you also put in a 'model' stock figure, you can run the Re-Order routine which will tell you what items to order - you don't have to chack the stock file manually.

You can enter these figures by selecting Stock Table in config, hit F4 to edit the stock table, then right arrow and tab across for each item - INVENTORY is where you enter the stock figure and MODEL is where you enter...... wait for it... ;) your model stock figures.

stuckperson
Forum Regular

Post by stuckperson » Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:58 pm

hi mate,
I tried that, but I can't seem to type anything in the inventory column.
What happens if I just put info in the inventory column, and not the model column, as I don't really understand what to put in the model column. In the inventory column, for example the product is bottled water, if I have 100 bottles in stock I would put 100 in the column, and hopefully it would go down as it is sold.
Am I right in thinking that the model column would work like this: I have 100 bottles of water in stock, but I buy them in packs of 20, so in the model column I would put 20?

Probably way off the mark, but at least I'm tryin! lol

Cheers mate.

stuckperson
Forum Regular

Post by stuckperson » Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:24 pm

ok I've figured it out, I can now input numbers in to the inventory column, and I understand what the model column is for, didn't read post well enough. sorry!
My only remaining question is how do I get an automatic report telling me what I need to order.

Thanks again.

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:05 pm

stuckperson wrote:Am I right in thinking that the model column would work like this: I have 100 bottles of water in stock, but I buy them in packs of 20, so in the model column I would put 20?

Probably way off the mark, but at least I'm tryin! lol
Model is the pieces count that indicates when you're getting low on stock of that particular item.

If you have 100 bottles, which you sell individually - and want to re-order when you get to only 20 or less left in stock, then you would enter 20 into the model column for that stock item.

As for the automatic report - you need to use the PURCHASE.EXE program to generate such a creature...

Code: Select all

-      -      -      -      -      -
STOCK NUMBER DESRIPTION
VENDOR STOCK NUMBER          INVENTORY
MODEL|PACK|ORDER|COST EA.|   COST ALL
 9414987000488 PAPER A4 500 SHEETS
   30|   0|    2|     .00|        .00
 9552366599877 ROUTER DLINK DSL504G
    2|   0|    1|     .00|        .00

3|                 .00
---------------------------------------
         TOTAL
               3|                 .00
---------------------------------------
DHPOS Veteran (from v3.46, July 2002)

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Answers

Post by Dale Harris » Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:32 pm

Thanks to Andrew and Rollerball for answering stuckperson's question.

It's nice to know that I can take a day off from the forum now and then and that it will be in good hands. :)
Dale