Parking Sales

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

stuckperson
Forum Regular
Parking Sales

Post by stuckperson » Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:24 am

Hi Again,
Sale parking: well I can get my machine to print receipts that say the sale is parked, but what I can't figure out is how I can get out of that sale but still leave it open, and then go back to it later on and add to it. A way of keeping customer accounts for example, without printing loads of receipts and then adding them all together at the end I don't see how it can be done, although I'm sure it can be! hmmmmmmmm

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:13 am

Your question is a tad confusing. Do you mean you don't know how to re-open a parked sale at a later date/time? If so...

Once you've parked a sale - press [F6], and choose one of the options that says "retrieve parked sale" - depending on whether you have a blank sale on-screen at the moment affects what options appear in the Park Menu.

You will need to enter the code you parked the sale with - a list of parked sales should appear on-screen at this point.

Once you enter the code and press [Enter] the parked sale returns to the screen and you are free to ring more items into it.

You can then either complete the sale or park it again.
DHPOS Veteran (from v3.46, July 2002)

stuckperson
Forum Regular

Post by stuckperson » Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:16 am

ok, how do I park it though?
That is where I am now stuck, once I have put the items through the system, and the sale is ready to be parked, how do I do that?

Sorry to be confusing, hope I have cleared it up.

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Parking

Post by Dale Harris » Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:20 am

stuckperson,

When you have typed in the last item in a sale you want to park notice that at the bottom of the sale screen it says, "[F6] PARK"

Try pressing [F6] and see what happens.
Dale

stuckperson
Forum Regular

Post by stuckperson » Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:21 am

it doesn't say park on the screen here Dale, Parking is turned on in the posconfig file, but it still doesn't say [F6]Park

dhUser
Forum Regular

Post by dhUser » Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:21 am

To park a sale:

- Make sure sale parking is enabled in POSCONFIG.exe
- Press F6
- Press [2] and press [ENTER]- What should be selected is the option:
2. Park this sale, start new sale.

- Type a code (any combination of letters/numbers) to park it as and press enter.

- The sale has been parked

dhUser
dhuser
Thanks for your support

stuckperson
Forum Regular

Post by stuckperson » Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:26 am

Right, I've got it working on one PC but not the other, I'll get that one sorted though no problem, once again everyone, thanks for your help.