features request

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Dale Harris
Forum Owner
Boring

Post by Dale Harris » Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:02 am

VillageApothecary,

You can take it as an honest attempt to answer your posts as best I can while also trying to inject some humor into the forum.

After all, all we talk about here are cash registers. How potentially boring can that be?
Dale

VillageApothecary
Occasional Poster

Post by VillageApothecary » Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:37 pm

i was concerned that it was negative, thats all. written word is devoid of emotion, thanks for clarifying.

Neal

RollerBall
Forum Regular

Post by RollerBall » Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:17 pm

Neal, this is a man who sells keys for a living. He just HAS to have a sense of humour

:D

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Post by Dale Harris » Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:20 pm

See! I set up a date and time in the chat room to talk about unlimited lines in the stock table and no one shows up.

I guess that nobody cares about it.
Dale

RollerBall
Forum Regular

Post by RollerBall » Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:33 am

It was England v Sweden in the World Cup last night. Bad timing :?

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:38 am

RollerBall wrote:It was England v Sweden in the World Cup last night. Bad timing :?
Rivetting stuff :roll: I would rather discuss DHPOS lol.
DHPOS Veteran (from v3.46, July 2002)

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

World cup?

Post by Dale Harris » Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:26 am

Sorry, my fault. Here in the U.S. 99.235% of us born here don't know that the World Cup exists. We do not even know the rules of the game beyond the facts that you put the ball through a goal and you can't use your hands (what is the point of that?) So it would be kind of pointless for us to watch it.

So if anyone wants to suggest a day to do this again at the usual 20:00 server time I am willing.

I could look up on the internet the game times, I assume they are up on the net somewhere, but I have no idea if Togo vs. Burundi would be another game that no one would want to miss.
Dale

RollerBall
Forum Regular

Post by RollerBall » Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:53 am

In years gone by we English used to send missionaries to spread the word to the far corners of the World. Looks as though the time is fast approaching when we will need to start sending em out again to bring civilisation to the hoards of huddled savages who still remain...

Mind you, if you'd seen how England played you'd think the majority of the team were fully paid up members of the group who know little or nothing about the game :cry:

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

World cup

Post by Dale Harris » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:42 am

If you are thinking of sending missionaries to convert the U.S. to the worship of soccer (what other countries call football) it is hopeless.

Endless numbers of professional/amateur teams and leagues have been formed in the U.S. at the cost of hundreds of millions of dollars with no result among the native population. My city currently has a professional soccer team that does something, somewhere, at sometime but I and no one I know has any idea what, where, or when it is.

They have built a new professional soccer stadium in the recent past but it was not reported on the sports section of the local newspapers but in the business section over its cost. Its location is a mystery to me.

Except for a few transplanted Brits, Canadians, and Aussies it is rumored that English is rarely spoken at the new stadium.

There is an old joke that soccer is going to be the next big sport in America and it always will be the next big sport. I think curling has a better chance.

So when you send your missionaries make sure that you tell them that they have a seemingly hopeless task ahead of them but that the natives are usually friendly.
Dale

grantm
Forum Regular

Post by grantm » Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:02 pm

VillageApothecary wrote:one more thing

i would LOVE an inventory reconciliation module. If i could go through the store, scan and enter inventory quantity and reconcile vs what is in the stock table, that would be GREAT
I've thought about this too. Sort of a "cycle count" (the name by which I know this procedure) program. The though happened to cross my mind this week, and in less than 2 hours I had a nice little program, in only 70 lines (might be able to make it smaller, as I don't know how good my programming is).

But anyway, all you do is enter a product number. The program will then display the product name, and the "current" amount in stock, and ask you for a new amount. From my testing the program works just fine, and if I get some time to clean it up, and make the user interface look a little more appealing I might release it within the next week. Right now it is just plain text, B+W (perfect if you would want to run it from a PDT gun, but it would need to be networked)

Special thanks to Dale's file format page, for I couldn't figure out how he stored a number in a string (I could get the number out, but not in).

Here's a screen shot.