Converting excel file to *.TBL !! Is this possible ?? HELP !

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

casey
Occasional Poster
Converting excel file to *.TBL !! Is this possible ?? HELP !

Post by casey » Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:48 am

Somebody plssssss HELPPPPP !!

I am trying to convert my data from EXCEL to TBL format, so that I don't have to re-key in all the items again, if I were to switch over to DALE's program, wondering is this possible ??

I have been trying to convert the file, but still fail !!

Can anyone HELP, plssssss !!

Very much appreciate in advance.

TQ. :( :(

Granita
Forum Regular

Post by Granita » Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:59 am

Yes it is possible, but you have to have everything formatted just right. Actually you save the spreadsheet in Excel as a text file (CSV).

It is in the online users manual under heading 37 - Stock Table. It is on the "Next Page" a ways down. It is much easier to download the Word Version of the users manual it is on Page 66 & 67 (do a find for "importing" or "Excel" and it will take you right there.)

I did do it. The manual was not lying, everything did have to be perfect though and it take me a few tries to get it right.

Hope that helps.

grahamsw
Forum Regular

just look

Post by grahamsw » Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:25 pm

If you look at the file called stockt~1, that shows you the format that everything needs to be into. Just look at charcter limits and remember that the stock number field can contain numbers only. to try this, make a copy of your current inventory file in excel and a new .pos file and stocktable. change the items to to the maximum of 13000. then try it. read the manual too!

Good luck
Graham Wakefield
Wakefield Tech Services and Mobile POS

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

.XLS files

Post by Dale Harris » Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:22 pm

Casey,

From the stock table this http://keyhut.com/postip6a.htm#export could be pretty interesting.
Dale

casey
Occasional Poster

Post by casey » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:22 am

Dear All,

Sorry for have not written earlier, but your help is really appreciated, and I have manage to solve the problems with your guidance !!

Once again, thank you, and you guys are great !!

Casey