Feature Requests

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

gary
Forum Regular
Feature Requests

Post by gary » Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:32 pm

Hi Me Again,

couple of features i think may be usefull to me and maybe others.

1) Quantity - An "F" button which says quantitiy or something and if this button where pressed you enter the quantity of the item about to be scanned, Eg If 5 tins of Coke are required hit the "F" button input 5 then scan the barcode. Or once the item is scanned press a designated button eg * or something to duplicate the last item?

2) Custom text on POLE, I think that there should be either pre set texts or an option where you can create your own text to show on the Pole when a till is idle. EG, Lane closed please use another or Till Closed, At the moment i have to use a Stock table code to use these messages. Just a thought

Got another one,

Manager Override Codes - i dont know what for, but i have seen them being used in stores lol. (Not to bothered about that one lol)

Cash Keys,

when you press "+" to Total the sale, If all the "F" Keys changed to Cash amounts e.g. F1 - 5.00 Tender F2 10.00 Tender, Etc F12 EXACT, Just for the Total not the whole sale for obvious reasons, Becuase when the + key is pressed most of the F keys are dormant.
Let me know your views an oppinions, Thanks
Last edited by gary on Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChrisKraus
Forum Regular

Post by ChrisKraus » Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:42 pm

Very Common, Usually the cashier enters a quantity number (in the stock number field) and then presses a quantity button. Also, I have seen some programs where you would enter the quantity, followed by a slash, and then the SKU.

Code: Select all

Example:
========
SKU#: 2345
To Buy 5 of These-Enter
5/2345 + [Enter]
in the SKU field.
- Chris :)
- Chris
Christopher Kraus

Dukane
Forum Regular

Post by Dukane » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:33 pm

But if you are using a scanner, why not just scan one of the five items five times? It keeps you from having to put the scanner down, go to the keyboard and press keys.

gary
Forum Regular

Post by gary » Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:55 pm

I still think there should be a designated key for quantity before scanning.

Any Advice Dale?

thanks

Gary

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:13 pm

If using the scanner function - once an item has been scanned you can press tab to alter the quantity/price.
DHPOS Veteran (from v3.46, July 2002)

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Post by Dale Harris » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:35 pm

Gary,

Andrew has it correct. After scanning press [TAB] then you can modify the price and quantity.

The thing about the pole display message could be done but is a real low priority. I will add it to the "think about it" pile.
Dale

gary
Forum Regular

Post by gary » Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:54 am

I know about the Tab key when changing the quantity, but i still think it would be more effective if you could have AN F key or * key or something like the process above with the dash.

Gary

gary
Forum Regular

Post by gary » Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:59 am

Got another one,

Manager Override Codes - i dont know what for, but i have seen them being used in stores lol. (Not to bothered about that one lol)

Cash Keys,

when you press "+" to Total the sale, If all the "F" Keys changed to Cash amounts e.g. F1 - 5.00 Tender F2 10.00 Tender, Etc F12 EXACT, Just for the Total not the whole sale for obvious reasons, Becuase when the + key is pressed most of the F keys are dormant.
Let me know your views an oppinions, Thanks

dhUser
Forum Regular

Post by dhUser » Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:38 pm

The Quick Cash Keys are a good suggestion. It will be like the QuickCash keys in some programs. One of the keys should be the next dollar up (from the total), ex. total is $5.39, one of the keys should be $6.00.

dhuser

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Quick cash keys

Post by Dale Harris » Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:39 pm

The "Quick cash key" thing is just not going to happen.

Sorry,
Dale