Bug in NeTPOS Beta 5

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Robman
Bug in NeTPOS Beta 5

Post by Robman » Tue Feb 17, 2004 2:22 am

Possible bug:
When ringing up a sale and paying by credit the transaction shows on the sales report as doubled.
Ie: 1 x beer at R7.00
sales reports shows credit as 2 transactions total R14.00

Thanks
Robman
nelrr@lantic.net

ChrisKraus
Forum Regular

Sales Report

Post by ChrisKraus » Tue Feb 17, 2004 7:52 am

Yes, This seems definitly like a bug. But also, Which sales report are you talking about?

- Chris :)
- Chris
Christopher Kraus

Robman

Bug in NeTPOS Beta 5

Post by Robman » Wed Feb 18, 2004 2:43 am

Total sales report
Thanks

peewee3ie
Forum Regular

Post by peewee3ie » Wed Feb 18, 2004 6:04 pm

what version of netpos are you using i.e. 5.03, 5.04, 5.05

as i am using 5.05 i can not find the bug i have tryed it 4 time today and it has not come up once. and at 6 pm the cash in the drawer match the total cash on the software.
Tony McGuire
Ireland Support

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Bug

Post by Dale Harris » Thu Feb 19, 2004 9:53 am

Robman,

I have also tried to reproduce this error with no success. Does this happen with other pay methods than credit?

When the network version of the program is set to use a network (i.e. you have entered a network PATH) then the program will write the sales information twice, once to the local folder and again to the global folder. If the PATH you have entered is to the local folder then the program will think that the local and global folders are the same and write the information twice to the same folder. Could this be what is happening?
Dale

peewee3ie
Forum Regular

Post by peewee3ie » Sat Feb 21, 2004 6:46 pm

dale

it has happend to me last night went i was getting two computer ready for a friend.
If the server pos network path is set. It will write to the file twice as you said.
When the network version of the program is set to use a network (i.e. you have entered a network PATH) then the program will write the sales information twice, once to the local folder and again to the global folder. If the PATH you have entered is to the local folder then the program will think that the local and global folders are the same and write the information twice to the same folder. Could this be what is happening
Tony McGuire
Ireland Support