Suggestion: Do not accept "xx" after "xx:xx&q

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

ibmsystems
Forum Regular
Suggestion: Do not accept "xx" after "xx:xx&q

Post by ibmsystems » Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:05 am

I had this idea while i was programming the new UV light systems that i'm having to put in my stores beacuse of the amount of counterfit bills we are getting

The general concept of this is that DHPOS doesnt accept transactions of lets say 50.00US or more after lets say 11PM this type of feature wouldnt work everywhere beacuse some places have to accept large transacations all the time espically in small electronic stores etc. but i think to many Brick and Stone stores that cant afford to loose money on fake bills this could be helpful for but i also dont know how hard it would be to add something like this into an Application like DHPOS

P.S My stores KeyAvenue have gotten larger sience the last time i've talked to anyone in chat lol we now have 4 stores in Phoenix Scottsdale (Near DC Ranch -Google It- or http://www.beonmarketstreet.com/ this is also near the Troon North Moutain Devlopment http://www.troonnorth.net and in Tempe Arizona along with our orignal location in Northern Phoenix Arizona :) Pictures of our store and more follow soon at keyavenue.co.nr as soon as co.nr reopens signups to the public

listerofsmeg
Forum Regular

Post by listerofsmeg » Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:43 am

Good Idea. Gets the Thumbs up from ME!
I used to be known as the theposman!

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Options

Post by Dale Harris » Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:00 am

I see two options here.

1. You are selling single items that cost more than 50.00. If you cannot ring up sales larger than 50.00 then you cannot sell anything so you are kind of wasting payroll by being open.

2. You are selling multiple items that will total over 50.00. If you cannot ring sales larger than 50.00 then all the employee has to do would be to break the sale into multiple transactions that each are less than 50.00.

Plus in a key shop (of which I have a vague knowledge :)) you sure would not want to duplicate 60.00 worth of keys and then not be able to have the customer pay for them.
Dale

RollerBall
Forum Regular

Post by RollerBall » Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:12 am

:?

If you're this worried about crime in your store why stay open late at all. Just shut the dang thing. If you don't want to accept large bills you can't be selling much of any value anyway. I bet they're not lining up down the street at that time of day all clutching very large handfulls of small change to spend in your store and you're probably earning less than it's costing you to stay open.

Hey - why not run a sale-by-time analysis!!!!!!!!! 8)

Dylan
Forum Regular

no...

Post by Dylan » Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:30 pm

At my store, we now have to check twenties, the counterfeiting got so bad.
And I work for a massive world-wide company.

this is not a matter of big sales at all.
A customer can pay for $200 worth the stuff in tens.
The solution is to not accept 50s and 100s and to run a counterfeit
pen over 20s. This is merely a store policy issue.
You should also train your cashiers to check bills.
Remind them that if they accept a counterfeit that they might have
well just taken a post-it note. What happens now? their drawer is off.
If their drawer is off, it's their problem. WELCOME TO THE WORLD
OF BEING A CASHIER AND DEALING WITH MONEY IN THE REAL WORLD!

So, go write you a store policy like that below that seems to conform.

"It is the policy of this store that after 11 pm, we cannot accept
50 or 100 dollar bills. Cashiers are responsible for checking for
all readily evident security features (watermark, strip, ink) on all
bills $20 and up."

btw, i kinda think i sound like it but i'm so not being a smart-alleck
I'm a manager that deals with this stuff all the time. It gets annoying.
There will be a point, where, as a manager, you will have to become
a hard-a_s about some things.

L8r ya'll
Tech