suggestion......

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

lemon535
Forum Regular
suggestion......

Post by lemon535 » Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:55 pm

I was serving the other day and when a customer asked for cash back,
i said yup (not even thinking how much was actually in the drawer) and it was all processed untill The draw popped open and there wasnt enough cash in it. LOL lucky we had some out in the office. Does anybody think that maybe a option could be put in the program to warn the sales person if there is not enough cash in the draw?

thanks for reading

RollerBall
Forum Regular

Post by RollerBall » Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:38 am

:)

Ah-ha .....so you're looking for a mind-reading till. Can't wait to see Dale's comments on this one....love to know if he'll be able to program telepathy into the system....

Seriously, even the big supermarkets have the same problem. You could run a sales report before the transaction which will show you exactly what's in the drawer but it wouldn't be worth the time anf effort. Far easier just to pop the till with a 'no sale' and look....or is that too obvious.

Otherwise do what they do (and you did).....keep a reserve in the back office - but don't forget to do a 'cash into drawer' transaction!!

lemon535
Forum Regular

Post by lemon535 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:01 am

oh is that what the [no sale] is for, LOL

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:40 am

lemon535 wrote:oh is that what the [no sale] is for, LOL
* Andrew prepares to reply, but decides to stare at the ceiling and count the little dots in the ceiling tiles instead *
DHPOS Veteran (from v3.46, July 2002)

Reed
Forum Regular

Post by Reed » Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:34 pm

I can tell you that I have never seen this feature on any cash rigister or piece of POS software. I've owrked in large chain supermarkets with both IBM 4964 and currently Retailx Storeline, and neither had this feature. If I find I don't have enough cash (shame on me for not keeping up on my till), then I send for a loan.