Sort The Stock Table

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

kbunady
Occasional Poster
Sort The Stock Table

Post by kbunady » Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:19 am

Dale,

Can we sort the stock table based on 2 fields or more ?
For example I want to sort the stock based on Vendor AND Alphabetical Order of Description, or based on Vendor AND Stock Number, or based on Description AND R Price, etc.
So far if I sort the stock table by Vendor, The Description is not in alphabetical Order anymore, and if I sort by Description, the vendors is not in 1 group anymore.
I hope you can understand what I mean and can help me with this thing.
Thanks a lot.

Regards,

-Kian-

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Nope

Post by Dale Harris » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:38 am

kbunady,

Nope. However you can sort by one field and then do sub sorts by specifying the start line and end line of each subgroup you want to sort, although that does not sound like a fun way to spend an afternoon.

If I was doing this I would leave spaces between the vendors and then when adding new items I would add it to the end of the proper vendor group and then sort just the vendor group by the description. If you run out of space between the groups you can always add more blank lines between groups.
Dale