rounding???

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

lemon535
Forum Regular
rounding???

Post by lemon535 » Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:14 am

DALE! I have a suggestion.

Would it be possible to add a feature that makes the register automatically round the total if they pay by cash -OR- when they want cash back?? it can be especially annoying when we go to Credit then Debit, then we have to go back to round it if they want cash!

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

What?

Post by Dale Harris » Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:18 am

Ok, so it rounds automatically if you pay by cash, or if you get cash back on credit and cash back on debit. And maybe if you pay by check. Or if you pay by both cash and credit with no cash back or maybe with cash back. Or by check and debit wiith no cash back or maybe with cash back. Or by cash and check with debit or credit with cash back or not.

And next month I get to add gift cards and a user defined payment method into the mix.

Well gee, I am sure glad that this won't get like, you know, complicated or anything. Particularly since some of the options will go one way where you are located and the other way somewhere else.

And then once it gets all figured all I have to do is write the code to sort all the conflicting options out. It sounds like fun.

No
Dale