ms-dos want stay up

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

blkn38119
ms-dos want stay up

Post by blkn38119 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:11 am

Ma-Dos want stay maximized, When I click on pos ..It opens then it close immidately, Does anyone have an idea on how I can fix it ??

lemon535
Forum Regular

try this

Post by lemon535 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:47 am

Im not quite sure what you mean, but try this...

Click on the icon (pos.exe) so that it is selected, then press "alt" and "enter" or "return" at the same time, a box will appear, go to the "screen" tab and select full screen.

Hope this helps...

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Closing

Post by Dale Harris » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:43 am

blkn38119,

Do you mean that the POS program is minimizing or closing?

If you mean minimizing then it sounds to me that this must be a Windows problem. DOS software predates Windows and therefore my POS software cannot even know that Windows even exists. So it has no idea if Windows is running it minimized, in a window, or full screen and it pretty much does not care. No one else has ever reported this problem.

I suggest that you try to run any other DOS software that you may have or can find just to see it this problem also shows up then. I assume that you have tried rebooting your computer.

If you mean that the program is closing then you may be running a bad copy of the program file or you have not unzipped / extracted the file you downloaded, read this http://keyhut.com/upgrade.htm

If you have unzipped the file and it will not run then the file may be bad. Try downloading and unzipping again.
Dale