report problem - please help

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

jake69
Forum Regular
report problem - please help

Post by jake69 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:22 am

Hello All,

I got following problem:

Since our company was set up in June last year our first accounting period runs from June 2005 until end of December 2006. Nevertheless our accountant needs a total of 2005 (sold per piece = ...Eur, Gross total = ...Eur). Smart me thinks: no problem, the new version of DHPOS has the feature to show a sales total for a specific range. BUT when I choose 6-1-2005 till 12-31-2005 my system tells me NO SALES IN SELECTED RANGE. In the voids section I can step back and see every sales we did since June last year, but the report feature won´t show....

Any ideas what I can do to deliver this information to my accountant?

Thanks a lot,

Jake

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Post by Dale Harris » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:50 am

Jake69,

Were you using the version with this feature from 6-1-2005 till 12-31-2005? Just installing a version with this feature now will not give you this report because an earlier version did not save the required data.

Try running the report from 6-1-2005 until today. When does the data start?
Dale

jake69
Forum Regular

Post by jake69 » Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:29 am

Dear Dale,

Thanks for the fast answer. No I was using an older version of DHPOS before. The first version that included this feature I insstalled only a few months ago.

If I check for data 6.01.2005 - today, I get values that are not realy correct, but seem to be the values for the period I was using the new version... So it seems that there is no way I can get this data out of the system. Bad luck I would say. Or are there any ideas left to try?

Thanks,

Jake

:(

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Not an accounting program

Post by Dale Harris » Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:16 am

jake69,

As I have pointed out many times before, this software is a cash register, not accounting software.

The purpose of this software is, at the end of the day, to provide you with the information you will need to enter into your accounting software, or actual paper books. From your accounting software, or books, is where you obtain the information that you need to give to your accountant.

You can obtain the sales data from several sources. You can add up your closing receipts, you did keep them, right? That is why they are printed out.

If you did not keep your closing receipts you can print them out from the archived copies of your journals. Although the archives will only keep the last 365 journals. This assumes that you selected to archive your journals.
You can also get the information from your printed copies of your journals if you printed them out.

If your record of previous sales goes back that far you can locate each closing receipt and print them out to be added up.
Dale

jake69
Forum Regular

Post by jake69 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:28 am

Dear Dale,

Thanks for the clearification. Yes of course we keep all the journals and also print all receipts. Since I am deep in my heart a lazy person (maybe not even so deep) I just wanted to avoid the work of adding it all up... ;)

Thanks for the grat program and support.

Greetings from Austria,

Jake

PS see our store on http://www.stilgewohnt.at