Bigpole Dislpay Problem

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

marcussd
Bigpole Dislpay Problem

Post by marcussd » Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:25 pm

Ok, what am I doing wrong??

System:
Windows XP with a dual head display card.

I run the bigpole.exe and then drag it over to the second monitor. I select the 40 wide display and it opens the display which is extremely small. I click on full screen and it pops the the bigpole display back in the primary monitor and I want it to be in the secondary display. I have the resolution set on the secondary monitor as low as I can go and I still have a small display, much smaller than I need. I would really like a full display for the customers to be able to read. HELP!!!!

M

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

80 wide

Post by Dale Harris » Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:57 pm

marcussd,

Windows XP will just not display DOS programs at 40 characters wide. Fortunatly the most useful mode of for BIGPOLE is 80 wide with scrolling which of course displays 80 charactrers wide.
Dale

marcussd

80 wide

Post by marcussd » Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:06 am

Thanks,

I don't have that option listed for me to use. Do I have an old version?

Thank you!

Mark

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

What version?

Post by Dale Harris » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:02 am

marcussd,

I don't know, what version do you have? The current version is 6.39f.
Dale

marcussd

Post by marcussd » Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:25 pm

I have the latest version available for download, but 20 or 40 are the only options available to select. I do not have the 80 wide as you had mentioned.

Thanks

M

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Oops

Post by Dale Harris » Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:40 pm

Oops, you are correct the options are 20 wide, 40 wide, and 40 wide with scrolling. The program has so many options that sometimes I forget what some of them are.

Unfortunately I do not have XP here so I so not know what is causing the problem. Although several other XP users have said that they got it to work.

I guess we will have to wait until an XP pro stops in here to offer some advice.
Dale

marcussd

Post by marcussd » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:24 pm

No problem at all. Thanks!

I did figure out a way to make it at least work. I did a desktop wallpaper with our logo, and a thank you for your business type message that will show on the right side of the screen and I have the scrolling display on the left side and stretched the screen out. It will at least work for now. Will have to mess with it a little bit so I know what exact settings I have it at so when I am not there others will know what to do if something goes wrong.

Thanks for your help, I do appreciate it.

M