X2 Feature Request

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

lemon535
Forum Regular
X2 Feature Request

Post by lemon535 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:57 am

Hey.

1. Is there a way to sub-total, e.g. a customer has 8 items, the first 4 items are for him and the last 4 items are for his mum. So what im saying is it possible to put a "sub-total" between the 4th item and 5th item?

2. A button that will take off the last scanned item, sort of a lazy button. At work its called "error correct" when pressed it takes of the last scanned product (not the last line).

3. Payment options, we currently have cash, check, credit.
Is it possible to create a miscellaneous, or customizable so you can change the name. A "gift vouchers" option would be handy. Otherwise we just have to processs them as credit. Would be handy to have the ability to rename "Debit". We call it EFTPoS in NZ dunno about the rest of the world.

4. Have the ablity to make a "pop-up" message show when certain products are entered. E.g. a 45gm Soup-mix currently gets a free bowel.
If a pop-up came up to remind the sales person. There could be plenty of uses for this.

5. restricted items, alcohol, smokes etc, that a supervisor is needed?
Perhaps a certain "category" could be restricted? So if i made a "liquor"
category, anything in it would need a supervisor to complete the sale.
Or when a "restriced item" is scanned it will lock the payment options until a supervisor has put in the password, or swiped their barcode.

6. have the option of not printing a slip and saving to void history when you open the drawer using no-sale. Whats the point in one being printed?
and whats the point in saving it to the sale voids?

7. Have an option of opening the drawer from the sales screen?

8. rename the 5. Void in the main menu. Not to sure what you would call it, maybe like "Last Transactions" or something

What does anyone else think??

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:23 am

1. You could enable printing of sales checks. Print a sales check once you've rung up the X items, then return to the sale and ring up the rest.

2. These are dangerous buttons - especially in supermarkets when you need a supervisor to remove accidentally added items from a sale.

3. Please review past topics and you'll soon find out this is exactly what Dale has been working on. However it is not a matter of just "throwing in" an extra payment option there's a lot of affected code to consider.

4. I wouldn't buy your soup mix if it required I need a new bowel. However a bowl may come in handy to put the soup in.

Again, this has been discussed in past topics right here on the bulletin board and has not gathered enough support nor reasoning to consume more valuable space in the POS.EXE file.

5. Refer to past topics on the matter.

6. I don't believe I just read that. I don't know about anyone else but I thought it was pretty obvious how important it should be to record whenever the till is being opened, especially when not during the course of ringing up a sale.

7. The option exists, when you tender out a sale. If you HAD to open the drawer during a sale (weird) you can park the sale and go to the main menu to ring up a no sale (see point 6).

8. It is called "Void" because that is what it does, it's primary function is to enable you to go back in time and void transactions. The spinoff features that you can reprint and review transactions are a bonus.
DHPOS Veteran (from v3.46, July 2002)

RollerBall
Forum Regular

Post by RollerBall » Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:36 am

Hmmmm.. some interesting thoughts there though. Must have a little think about em first...

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:39 am

Oh indeed, some interesting points...

However I'm a bit of a realist and just go on the fact that a lot of those points have been raised before, sometimes several times before and haven't made the cut.
DHPOS Veteran (from v3.46, July 2002)

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Stuff

Post by Dale Harris » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:43 am

Rollerball,

Q1) Is there a way to sub-total, e.g. a customer has 8 items, the first 4 items are for him and the last 4 items are for his mum. So what im saying is it possible to put a "sub-total" between the 4th item and 5th item?
A1) Nope

Q2) A button that will take off the last scanned item, sort of a lazy button. At work its called "error correct" when pressed it takes of the last scanned product (not the last line).
A2) The idea here is to enter the items correctly the first time. If you don't you can press [F5] to choose what line number to delete. By leaving it a little amout of work to do this it gives more incentive to pay attention to what what you are doing to get it right the first time.

Q3) Payment options, we currently have cash, check, credit. Is it possible to create a miscellaneous, or customizable so you can change the name. A "gift vouchers" option would be handy. Otherwise we just have to processs them as credit. Would be handy to have the ability to rename "Debit". We call it EFTPoS in NZ dunno about the rest of the world.
A3) I am working on a gift card feature and if it ever gets done it will also have "user defined" payment method that you can name anything you want.

Q4) Have the ablity to make a "pop-up" message show when certain products are entered. E.g. a 45gm Soup-mix currently gets a free bowel. If a pop-up came up to remind the sales person. There could be plenty of uses for this.
A4) Could be useful but this would require a lot of resources to be able to enter and store all of those messages and the stock table would have to be modified to link to those messages. But it may happen someday. However if you have a lot of items with messages you are going to get real annoyed having clear them all the time to ring up the next item.

Q5) restricted items, alcohol, smokes etc, that a supervisor is needed? Perhaps a certain "category" could be restricted? So if i made a "liquor" category, anything in it would need a supervisor to complete the sale. Or when a "restriced item" is scanned it will lock the payment options until a supervisor has put in the password, or swiped their barcode.
A5) Maybe someday.

Q6) have the option of not printing a slip and saving to void history when you open the drawer using no-sale. Whats the point in one being printed? And whats the point in saving it to the sale voids?
A6) Opening the cash drawer without a sale, payout, or return should be a rare occurance and should be a little work to accomplish. If you all of a sudden have a large increase in No Sales you would want to know who is doing it, which you can do be looking up who is doing it by reviewing the No Sale transactions in the file of past transactions.

Q7) Have an option of opening the drawer from the sales screen?
A7) Answered above.

Q8) Rename the 5. Void in the main menu. Not to sure what you would call it, maybe like "Last Transactions" or something
A8) As Andrew pointed out the main (and original) purpose of the 5. Void function is to be able to void a transaction. All the other things you can do there are just a bonus.
Dale