a slightly odd request

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

mikeyp
a slightly odd request

Post by mikeyp » Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:31 am

Hi, first off can I say great program, you've really got a good thing going here and there are plently of other extremely grateful people who use this software too.

Second... I have a slightly odd request which you may be able to help with... my problem is that I would like to print address labels on my dot matrix printer... purely because the running costs are a hell of a lot cheaper than with the laser seeing as a ribbon lasts forever and only costs £4 to replace... Unfortunatly all the address label programs I can find print via the windows graphic method, and as a result the dot matrix is slow and the result blurry.... basically I need a label program which will send pure text to the dot matrix like your pos system, and can accomodate Uk addresses... all the ones I have found so far have been designed for the states and require a 5 digit zip code on every address...

what would be ideal is a program that can parse a text file where the addresses are separated by a single line, and will print them out on the desired format of label...

If you know of such a program, please let me know, or if you fancy creating such a thing, that would be very much appreciated... or if you dont have time... where can I start learning how to build such a program... difficult since I have no previous programming knowledge whatsoever...

Thankyou in advance