Windows XP

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Windows XP

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:18 am

Hi, i am using the cash register program for educational use (not in a school) and am using Windows xp, i would like the program to be able to go full screen, but when i edit the propertys and select full screen when i access the program it goes into full screen mode and then crashes by the time i click a key on the startup screen. what shall i do?

Thanks

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Tue Feb 24, 2004 12:25 am

Hi

First of all - although DHPOS will normall run on Windows XP without trouble - Windows ME and XP do not contain "real DOS" which is what POS is made for.

Instead these OS's "emulate" or "simulate" DOS sometimes with unpredictable results. In summary - in a business situation, it may be prudent to use an OS other than ME or XP for your register(s) if possible.

However, try editing the properties while the program isn't running. If it crashes, does it give an error - there are about a million kinds of crashes that can occur - you need to give accurate details.

Another thing to try is while POS is running in a window - hold the [Alt] key and press [Enter]. This toggles between full/window mode.
DHPOS Veteran (from v3.46, July 2002)

Northern Supply Co. Inc.

Windows XP

Post by Northern Supply Co. Inc. » Wed Feb 25, 2004 1:19 pm

Dave here....I use DHPOS on my computer which uses Windows XP.Right click the icon on the POS desktop icon....under run...select maximized, under screen...under usage....click full screen.

Try that.

Dave