Price Changes

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Tina
Occasional Poster
Price Changes

Post by Tina » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:00 pm

I wanted to test some things out. What I'd like to do is make some price changes for an upcoming sale. I have a current Stock table called CURRENT. This is all prices and sales prices for the current week. Lets say I save a sale file for the upcoming sale for next week as 20060926. This will auto load on that day. Now it is today and I want to add some things on sale for next week in the file. Into the stock file I go and load 20060926, I make my adjustments, save the file again as 20060926 & then reload the Current file. If I don't reload the Current file the system will use the last file I worked on... Is this so? I guess my point is that there are tons of files to keep track of & its easy to get confused with which one you are working on & thats when I came up with a bright idea that it would be very handy for Pos to display what file you are actually working on somewhere in the stock program perhaps like to the left of where it says |13000| so it would now look like CURRENT.rpr |13000| and then you would know right away what stock file is loaded & are working with. I hope this makes at least some sense & I'll report back on how well I did at trying to create some sale files.

Tina