DH-POS on an Apple machine?

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Alan
POS Guru
DH-POS on an Apple machine?

Post by Alan » Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:16 pm

Hi folks,

I'm going to try a wee project soon.

I'm moving over to solely Apple machines in the house soon, so i've got an iMac 20" (Intel Core Duo) and MacMini (Motorola G4) I hope to add a MacBook Pro (Intel Core Duo) to complete the transition.

The Intel Mac of course can run Windows XP SP2 (and apparently Vista) using Bootcamp (it boots into Windows bypassing MacOS), there is also an application called Parallels Workstation which uses the 2nd core of the Intel chip to run a PC in a window using various operating systems.

Now the project - get DH-POS to run as I have both USB->Parallel & USB->Serial adapters.

If its successful, then we'll see if it can run on one of those cheap MacMini's with Intel chip to provide a tiny, quiet and very efficient POS base unit!

P.S.. I've had DH-POS working perfectly in a window using Virtual PC on the MacMini G4 (emulating WinXP) but I have'nt tried the USB adapter to see if printers etc will work (certainly a network printer should work fine)

Alan

ibmsystems
Forum Regular

Post by ibmsystems » Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:46 am

As 97% of my house is Mac Based now i know that DHPOS will run in Apple's Bootcamp but... There are reports of Boot Camp being incompatable with the new iMacs that we're introduced a few weeks ago but i have yet to try to run dhpos in Parrels (Or proper spelling)

bdude
Forum Regular

Post by bdude » Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:44 am

you could try it in FreeDOS + Parallels