Looking for advice/assistance

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Peggi
Looking for advice/assistance

Post by Peggi » Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:13 am

I am fairly new at using this software (actually only really use it once a year for 3 days running) - and have encountered some problems. I have the manual, but being mostly unfamiliar with how POS software works "normally" it doesn't really help as much as I would like. I'm looking for assistance in setting it up so that I can keep track of a) daily sales, b) inventory additions (by date) c)inventory sales by date, e) inventory checklist to verify stock - those sorts of things. I'm guessing the program will do all of this easily, but I just haven't figured out how to ask it to do so nicely. Would anyone have the patience to set me out in the right direction? (I'm not a computer newbie - having done tech support back in the DOS days <g> - and I do typically learn software quickly - but sometimes I just need a but of direction.)

Thank you for listening...

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Stuff

Post by Dale Harris » Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:30 am

Peggi,

Some good news, some bad news.

A) Of course the secret to getting daily sales is to close out the register (not just exit the program) at the end of every day. That way you will get a closing receipt that will print out all of the sales detail for that day. I do not know what version of the program you have but recent versions will allow you to do a sales report (Report A) that will allow you to set a range of dates and will then give you a combined sales report for those dates.

B) The program does not keep track of when you have added merchandise to your inventory. Therefore there is no report in the program that will give you this information.

C) If you go to the "Sales history" feature of the POSCONFG.EXE program you can turn on sales history. However the sales history only cares about how many of each item you have sold in the last several months. For example you can go to the "Reports" feature of the main POS program to make a history report that will tell you how many of each thing you sold in the last x number of months, up to 12 months.

D) You skipped the letter "D"

E) You can go to the "Reports" feature and print out an "inventory" report that will list all items in your store that have any inventory. You can then use this list to do actual counts to varify your inventory.
Dale

Peggi

Post by Peggi » Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:18 pm

Thank you for replying so quickly :)

I noticed the sales report problem when I didn't turn it on the second year I used the program (duh!). I'm up to within maybe .2 of the last version of the software - so I will double check and learn how to do the sales reports. You see, I use this software to run a dealer's room at a convention, and to keep track of my own sales as well as consignment sales for others. Obviously, I should be "playing" with the software during the year (not just at the convention) - so I become more familiar with it. That's part of my problem. Familiarity with it helps, but once a year doesn't make me very familiar with it :cry:

As for missing d) - oh well - doesn't that help illustrate how confused I am? :lol: