Problem encountered with Epson TM-H6000II and DHPOS

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

locolit
Problem encountered with Epson TM-H6000II and DHPOS

Post by locolit » Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:56 pm

Hi!

This my first time posting.

I am encountering printing problems for a Epson TM-H6000ii after switching from a serial module to a parallel module.

Problem:

- First part of receipt prints garbled the rest prints fine.

I have verified all dip switches are correct with EPSON support. The only switch required to be ON in parallel mode is bank 2 switch 8. I have switched several parallel( IEEE 1284) cables with no success. It prints perfect in serial mode but from what I have read in the forums it is not recommended. The only problems encountered in serial mode are drawer kickout codes(tried several with no success) and some kind of error(serial is not supported please use Aprint...something along the line of this) at startup of pos program.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Paul

grahamsw
Forum Regular

Maybeeee

Post by grahamsw » Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:24 pm

Have you varified the printer works from windows? if you can print everything ok from windows, second, try powering down and reseating the paralell interface card
Report back
feel free to email me for help And keep posting on the forum

g.wakefield@wakefieldtech.com
And welcome to the forum
Good luck
Graham Wakefield
Wakefield Tech Services and Mobile POS

locolit

Post by locolit » Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:28 pm

Thank you very much for the response.

I forgot to mention on previous post. Encountering same printing error through windows generic txt driver and epson printer driver. I have tried reseating with no success.

Paul

grahamsw
Forum Regular

New or used

Post by grahamsw » Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:13 am

Paul, Is the card brand new or used, is there a warrenty because it sounds like you have a defective card

Let me know
Graham Wakefield
Wakefield Tech Services and Mobile POS