new manual

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

IAN
Forum Regular
new manual

Post by IAN » Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:03 pm

this conversation was in the chat

23:26:23 [Dale] ian.> Well it looks like you have talked yourself into a job writing the "DHPOS for Dummies"

so here it is, im still building the sections up i have completed:

purchasing
returns / payouts

http://porkysh1t.no-ip.com/USER/USERDIR.htm

dont worry about none completed items having serious spelling errors if i have completed an area but have missed anything out thats used in common place please let me know
IAN

(Everything i say is a lie! so am i telling you the truth?)

lemon535
Forum Regular

Post by lemon535 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:08 pm

I was going to do something like this but stopped as it is difficult to create a manual that will suit everyone. What i mean by this is that DHPOS has so many settings. E.g. On your website, when you mention the error correction, When you press F5 to Void a line/ whole transaction, you say that pressing ESC will void the whole transaction, BUT this only happens when you set (in posconfg "go to after sale") go to main screen. If you set it to "start next sale" (or what ever it is) then pressing ESC after you hit F5 (void) it will return you to the sale, not voiding it.

That was just an example.

As you get more into details you find it increasingly difficult.

But goodluck anyway :-)

anwoke8204
Forum Regular

Post by anwoke8204 » Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:55 am

I also have that wiki site in the works, thinking on changing the wiki software to one that is more user friendly if any one has any suggestions, currently I am using mediawiki
Andrew Stevens
Rooksystems/Clearwater Inc.

IAN
Forum Regular

Post by IAN » Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:35 am

right? i dont know about that void you mentioned just that when i set it to next sale and press F5 then escape it voids and goes to main menu. is the 6.39f version i have.
IAN

(Everything i say is a lie! so am i telling you the truth?)