Password to void entire transaction

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

digicafe
Occasional Poster
Password to void entire transaction

Post by digicafe » Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:25 am

22:36:57 [digicafe] dale

22:37:58 [digicafe] can u please when new version come can u pls add password option if cashier want void the entire transation

22:42:20 Dale enters this room

22:42:38 [Dale] I will think about it but probably not

22:43:23 [Dale] If the sale did not complete then it does not exsist and will not print out a receipt

22:43:32 [digicafe] bcoze i scared that cashier will void the entire transation after she collet the money

22:43:37 [Dale] So why not be abletyo void it?

22:44:05 [digicafe] i have been trying this

22:44:16 [Dale] Cash drawer will not open if sale is not completed. How will she make change?

22:44:23 [digicafe] my friend also very scared about this

22:44:56 [Dale] How will she give customer receipt

22:44:59 [digicafe] if customer paid exacly or she take from ather source

22:45:30 [digicafe] becose customer no bother about reviept

22:45:59 [Dale] Then custome can not return items. My customers will not leave shop without receipt

22:46:07 [digicafe] the best thing is u just put password option if she want void etire transaction

22:46:53 [Dale] Then register is closed until supervisor is tracked down?

22:47:26 [digicafe] no need

22:47:38 [Dale] No need for what?

22:48:32 [digicafe] what we was thinking is cashier just finalize the sale and keep the transation number or receipt and later supervisor will void that transaction

22:49:25 [Dale] So cashier pockets money and custome leaves. Cashier calls supervisor and tells him that customer did not want stuff and to please void the sale.

22:50:39 [Dale] Once sale is finalized sale cannot be voided unless you use the "5. Void" option from the main menu

22:50:41 [digicafe] yes right but at least she need to tell supervisor not like before just pocket the money without telling anybodey

22:51:06 [digicafe] that i was trying tha is good

22:51:25 [Dale] That is the way it works now

22:51:53 [digicafe] that void is good becose have got password option

22:52:15 [digicafe] the problem now is during rung up sale

22:52:49 [Dale] No one else thinks it is a problem

22:52:52 [digicafe] can u think about this

22:52:57 [digicafe] yes true

22:53:25 [digicafe] but once his face this problem thjan they will no how serius is this

22:53:43 [Dale] Between "no receipt" and "no cash drawer opening" not a problem.

22:55:34 [digicafe] or dale can please dont put option to void the entire transaction function

22:56:08 [Dale] But in keeping with my policy of no longer saving users from themselves I will think about it.

22:57:48 [Dale] Pretty soon no cashier will be able to ring up anything without a supervisor typing in a password 4 times during every transaction.

22:58:29 [Dale] So there will no longer be cashiers, only supervisors ringing up all the transactions.

22:59:05 [digicafe] i just give suggestion to make your sofware perfect

22:59:25 [Dale] It will never be perfect

22:59:55 [digicafe] becose of this problem we me and my friend going to change other software

23:00:32 [digicafe] becose we canot know if cashier will play this matter with us

23:01:11 [digicafe] ur software all ok

23:01:29 [digicafe] the only thing is this one is big problem for us to face it

23:02:13 [digicafe] becoze now day sometime cashier is smarter than us

23:06:26 [Dale] Are you sure that any other software will have this feature?

23:08:10 [digicafe] yes

23:08:21 [digicafe] very sure

23:08:27 [Dale] Ok, but I have never seen it

23:08:42 [digicafe] other friend this feture

23:09:21 [digicafe] if cashier want to cancell the etire transation they nedd a password

23:09:48 [Dale] I will take your word on it

23:10:35 [digicafe] or no need to void just finalize and keep the transation no. or recipt later tell to supervisor cancell the transation than superviser wiill void it

23:10:37 [Dale] On the host store register that I have to use a cashier can void any sale, even a completed one

23:11:45 [Dale] The transaction number is not actually issued until the sale is completed

23:12:00 [digicafe] if can not put that function than what to do becoze this is your sofware what can i do

23:12:57 [Dale] There is no way a user can put in a new function

23:13:20 [digicafe] just complet tha sale and keep the receipt to let supervisor know and void that sale later

23:13:45 [Dale] That can be done

23:15:54 [digicafe] i think u still not understand what i mean on this

23:16:33 [digicafe] never mine dale

23:16:45 [Dale] Maybe not

23:17:12 [digicafe] i hope u will study with this matter and try if can do to

23:17:13 [Dale] Well it is a work day for me tomorrw and way past my bedtime.

23:17:38 [digicafe] hope u will thiknkig about this

23:18:01 [Dale] I will think about it

23:18:09 [Dale] Bye

23:18:14 Dale exits from this room

23:18:46 [digicafe] and i hope to much if new version come u will put this function that ( cashier need a password to VOID the etire transaction)
dwfwfgfwf

lemon535
Forum Regular

Post by lemon535 » Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:52 am

I fully support the idea of having a password to void the transacting, but i can't see how this is "serius" ??

Robert_Nel
Forum Regular

Void password

Post by Robert_Nel » Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:02 pm

I have had a barlady/cashier enter items(drinks) asked the customer for the amount indicated , then void a line and short change the customer keeping the cash for the voided item. A password would then perhaps show on the log/journal that the item was voided. She does not have access to viod the complete sale. I use DHPOS in a bar situation and this is being done by some of the bar staff, It is difficult to follow up on a customer's compliant when he has had too much to drink. However I have been using DHPOS for a few years now and have also compared it to other POS software . DHPOS works extremely well for me, I have perfected my system and have ZERO stock shrinkage. Again thanks to DHPOS.

Robert Nel
Robert R Nel

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:28 pm

Message title altered.
DHPOS Veteran (from v3.46, July 2002)

brucef2112
Forum Regular

Password to void-solution

Post by brucef2112 » Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:43 am

digicafe

Having dale write several lines of code to PW protect voiding a sale will do very little in solving your problem. However it will cause the Manager to be the only one to ring sales or else you'll have upset customers because they have to wait for a Mgr to void. Mgr is only one person and can't manage the store if they are always running to the register to fix voids.

Q:So how do you fix this problem; with the best possible success rate, and not use valuable resources of a manager,
and monitor every sale, and keep your customers HAPPY, AND easy to implement?

A: This can all be fixed with a single line of text.
Using your favorite word processor type the following;
"If you don't receive your receipt your purchase is FREE"

Cut this out and place it on the counter or hang in a prominent location.

In order for the customer to receive their FREE purchase they have to provide their name and phone # which is kept in a log book.
Customers will gladly provide this to get their stuff for free.

Now manager can do what they do best. At their choosing and time they can go to the log and verify with customer what happened.

Now you have EVERY CUSTOMER (motivated by getting their FREE stuff) working on your Voided Security Team.
Now the manager can manage store and spend zero time at register.
Now customers do not wait for a void manager.
Now your clerk is tied in a little tighter on cash control.
Now the earth wont wobble when a void occurs.
Now, most important, Dale doesn't have to write any code.

Is it bullet proof? NO. No system is, (even passwords).
But this simple solution give you the best possible watchful eyes (your customers) and costs nothing to implement.
And a free purchase now and then beats a clerk going unchecked.
Later,
Bruce

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin - Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

ibmsystems
Forum Regular

Uhh ok...

Post by ibmsystems » Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:20 am

I don't personally see i need for the feature requested and agree with Bruce on this matter, As i do the same thing. But while i'm typing this the only posts i understand are lemon and Bruce's the original posters log of the DHPOS chat room really doesn't point to anything anywhere. :roll: