reprinting past receipts

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Koltmusic
Occasional Poster
reprinting past receipts

Post by Koltmusic » Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:12 pm

i had a customer come in and ask if i could reprint a receipt for them (they lost the orginal) is this possible???

one other think would it be possible to access the customer data base from a hot key lots of times i get customers asking to get a history or asking when they last payed , it would be very handy to be able to retreive there previos history from a hot key rather than backing out to the sale and going thur all the menu options to retreive thier history.

lemon535
Forum Regular

Post by lemon535 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:36 pm

In pos confg if you go intp "Sale recording - Void" set the number of sales recorded and then change the bottom one "reprint transactions" to yes. Then in POS go to "Void" it may take a bit to find it.
If you didnt have those settings in posconfg already then i think the receipt is long gone..

Koltmusic
Occasional Poster

update

Post by Koltmusic » Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:01 pm

i did have those options set and i was able to reprint a receipt using a couple of steps 1st i searched the costomer in the database found and wrote down the dates they had sales , then went into the journal option and reloaded the archived journal for that day then searched for the customers name and then did a screen print. is this the only way of reprinting a receipt???

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Reprinting receipts

Post by daleadmin » Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:57 pm

Koltmusic,

When you reprint a receipt from journal you will get only a condensed version of the receipt, no header or footer for example.

When you reprint a receipt from the "5. Void" option of the main menu you will get a complete receipt except that it will not print coupons.

But of course you have to find the receipt before you can reprint it. Unlike the journals the file of past sales that the "Void" function accesses will hold many day's sales depending on how many sales you have set for it to hold and how many sales you have in a day. I have it set to hold the last 10,000 sales and since I ring about 50 sales a day the file will hold over 6 months of my sales.

But why would you have to reprint sales from days ago? Most people use this feature if the printer jambs when printing the first receipt.