New Website, Icons, etc?

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

ProDeZigner
Forum Regular
New Website, Icons, etc?

Post by ProDeZigner » Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:53 am

Hey Dale, interested in a revamped website? I like DHPOS so much I'm willing to donate free time to help make a more livid website for you... here's a sample of my work...

http://www.jubileecommunications.com

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Offer

Post by daleadmin » Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:17 am

ProDeZigner,

Thanks for the offer and I have to admit that your sample looks nicer than my current site.

But what can I say, I like mine. Think of my site as the DOS of webpages. Not fancy but it gets the job done. And new users will not be sucked in by the webpage into thinking that they will be getting some whiz-bang latest Windows software only to find that the POS software is just some DOS thing that just does the job.

Dale

ProDeZigner
Forum Regular

Post by ProDeZigner » Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:46 am

Something cleaner yet simple?

Maybe even like a DOS based page, simple sprites and etc.

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:03 am

I like the current site, we've discussed this many times before - the general consensus always being that if we had a flashier page most users don't believe the software is free, or like Dale says is whizzbang windows crud.

I certainly find most software gems on less professional sites like Dale's - if it looks too slick I assume it's too good to be true.
DHPOS Veteran (from v3.46, July 2002)

ProDeZigner
Forum Regular

Post by ProDeZigner » Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:07 am

that's true too Andrew, the design of sites is how I can tell how 'professional' a company is. If the site looks not up to par I don't order anything from them.

Just to let you guys know though, my design expertise is always available to you all.