2006 downloads of DHPOS

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

daleadmin
Forum Owner
2006 downloads of DHPOS

Post by daleadmin » Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:45 pm

There were 40,053 downloads of DHPOS in 2006

At about $150.00 donated this year this comes to a donation of about 1/3¢ per download.

Dale

ProDeZigner
Forum Regular

Post by ProDeZigner » Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:47 pm

Download numbers are great, donation numbers are bad. You should really set up a PayPal acct. for donations Dale.

Dukane
Forum Regular

Post by Dukane » Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:03 am

I don't think that would increase the number of donations Dale gets.

ProDeZigner
Forum Regular

Post by ProDeZigner » Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:26 am

It could. Many users use eBay, PayPal is associated. With electronic funds, then people could instantly send donations.

I'm not saying it would, but it would HELP OUT in getting donations.

daleadmin
Forum Owner

PayPal

Post by daleadmin » Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:53 am

I do have a PayPal account and there is a "Donate" link near the top of the main POS page on my site.

Dale

ToPS

Post by ToPS » Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:35 pm

Dale,

Could it be that that your target "market" are mostly not the richest concerns around?

My situation is that I do not and will not use credit cards and that I am uncertain of what other ways of transferring funds are available.

How about some more information on this?

Greatest Regards

ToPS

daleadmin
Forum Owner

More information

Post by daleadmin » Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:32 pm

ToPS,

Here is some more information http://keyhut.com/5_00.htm

Here is still more information...

Someone can always mail cash, although it would have to be U.S. cash or it just gets put up on the corkboard. I got me some very pretty money up there now.

Checks are fine as long as they are drawn up in U.S. currency otherwise they join the money on the corkboard.

I will also accept Kuggerands, diamonds, rubies, gold or silver bullion, Canadian Maple Leafs, (the gold ones, not the tree thingies), brass bars, aluminum cans, CTA bus passes, cast iron radiators, Bears tickets, stock - NASDAQ or NYSE, bearer bonds, pork futures, POS hardware, pocket change, and canned goods (unopened). Since I hate to travel, please no frequent flier miles.

Or I will accept what the vast majority of people donate, nothing.

Believe me, I am not trying to stand in the way of folks donating to the cause. And I do understand that my target market can be charitably described as "not the richest concerns around" but come on, an average donation of 1/3¢ ?

Is there any other part of their POS setup that did not cost 1000 times that? Two rolls of receipt paper costs more than the suggested donation of five bucks.

I did not start this to become rich and so far this deal is succeeding at not making me rich far beyond my wildest expectations.

Dale
Last edited by daleadmin on Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ToPS

Post by ToPS » Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:32 pm

DALE
(in capitols)

As usual, extremely well said.
Maybe you should consider writing some short stories for cash, you certainly have a way with words.

I agree with you, it is a disgrace, I promise to do my bit as soon as possible.

You do deserve a lot for all the hard work and for the dedication.

Regards

ToPS

Everybody Else

Come on you guys, if you are as grateful as I am, SHOW IT.
Ask yourselves:- What will you do if Dale no longer feels up to helping us all?... and how much will your alternative cost?
Then go ahead and donate 10% of that cost.

I CHALLENGE YOU.

ToPS

ZeeMan
Forum Regular

Post by ZeeMan » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:00 am

To anyone that "can't" donate:
You don't have to donate a thousand dollars! If every person that is a member on this site sent five dollars, Dale would have $1410.
If every person that downloaded last year donated one dollar for every time they downloaded, Dale would have over 40,000 dollars!
That's one dollar people, not five, ten, twenty or a hundred. Just one.

And besides, unless you're just playing around with DHPOS (and I am), it would seem that you could put in a little bit of money from your store.
I haven't seen or heard of anyone implementing these but I can't know for sure, however, here are some ideas for getting money to Dale:
1. Collect a few of the dimes in your register at the end of each day and after a while, you'll have five dollars!
2. Put out a jar that says, "We use free cash register software! Please donate to the author of this software!"
3. Get creative!

I'll be sending off my (US) money any day now, just have to get around to the post office :D .

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Donations

Post by daleadmin » Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:53 pm

Here is a thought. I could put on a raggy coat and stand on a busy street corner holding up a handwritten cardboard sign saying "Will write POS software for food."

Maybe someone will give me some M&Ms, but probably not.

lemon535
Forum Regular

Post by lemon535 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:13 pm

does that 40,000 downloads mean 40,000 individual people downloaded it. I think not. I probably downloaded this quite a few times, upgrading to new versions, starting fresh etc. I WILL be donating once i sell some systems with DHPOS on them. Have been running into quite a few errors though. Still great software.

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Downloads

Post by daleadmin » Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:15 pm

It is probable that these were not all first time downloads by 40,000 different people. However you can also download the program from other sites, companies that sell POS hardware bundle my software with it, and current users give it to new users and I can't track any of that.

So I am going to say that if anything 40,000 unique new users may actually be at the low end of what is actually happening.

Dale

lemon535
Forum Regular

Post by lemon535 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:39 pm

true true. I will donate if i decide to use this software with my bundles. I am 65% sure i will but because of the problems i have encountered, i would like to keep testing further. I guess you could benefit from the amout of hours i spend on this and any bugs/errors i may find. I have spent in excess of 200 hours over the last year testing this, which is alot of unpaid time. lol. My website is all ready with DHPOS meantioned in it everywhere,will start promoting in a few months when im ready. I have sold one system with DHPOS on it, got $3.00 for at and $3.00 for a copy of the manual, so wont be donating from those profits. We have a new giftcard here(new zealand) its called a Prezzy card. ITs a gift card thats a VISA. So basically its a prepaid visa, so now that that is here, i might purchase one and use it to donate through this website. Great idea for people that dont have credit card. ok im starting to ramble........