Do you want to sell POS systems?

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

daleadmin
Forum Owner
Do you want to sell POS systems?

Post by daleadmin » Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:33 am

Over the years many people have asked me if I would mind if they added their POS hardware to my software so that they would be able to sell complete POS systems.

My answer, "Sure, why not, as long as you do not sell the actual software."

Now I have decided that this concept deserves a more detailed answer and even some advice from me. So I have put this up on my site. http://keyhut.com/sell_pos.htm

Meanwhile do you have any experiences selling POS systems with DHPOS that you would like to share? Good news, tips, questions, ideas, horror stories. If so post them below.

If this topic generates enough posts I may make it its own forum.

Powerbob
Occasional Poster

Re:Do you want to sell POS systems?

Post by Powerbob » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:46 am

There is a definate market for this software and coupled with hardware is practically unbeatable in it's simplicity and ease of use. It's so resource minimal in this day and age of mega windows programs that require massive training programs.

Powerbob

PWEB
Occasional Poster

Post by PWEB » Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:14 pm

Using free dos is there any way that it boots right into the DHPOS prog?
--
Mike

daleadmin
Forum Owner

autoexec.bat

Post by daleadmin » Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:39 pm

Do you have an AUTOEXEC.BAT file you can edit to launch DHPOS. That is how it is done from MS-DOS

EST
Forum Regular

Re: autoexec.bat

Post by EST » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:04 am

daleadmin wrote:Do you have an AUTOEXEC.BAT file you can edit to launch DHPOS. That is how it is done from MS-DOS.
Could you please tell me how this is done. I would like to auto-boot my program, so I wouldn't have to start Windows everytime :!:

Nick
Forum Regular

Post by Nick » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:58 am

Your AUTOEXEC.BAT file is located right in your C: directory. You may have to unhide your system files to see it. Then right click it and goto edit. Inside notepad just add a line saying "CD (path to pos)" and another line saying "pos.exe". Obviously if you have a version of windows that is launched from AUTOEXEC.BAT you will have to remove the line calling windows to start.

For example

Code: Select all

CD c:\pos
pos.exe
You can also edit the file from dos by getting to the c: directory and typeing "edit AUTOEXEC.BAT"

EST
Forum Regular

Post by EST » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:28 pm

Nick wrote:Your AUTOEXEC.BAT file is located right in your C: directory. You may have to unhide your system files to see it. Then right click it and goto edit. Inside notepad just add a line saying "CD (path to pos)" and another line saying "pos.exe". Obviously if you have a version of windows that is launched from AUTOEXEC.BAT you will have to remove the line calling windows to start.

For example

Code: Select all

CD c:\pos
pos.exe
You can also edit the file from dos by getting to the c: directory and typeing "edit AUTOEXEC.BAT"
THANK YOU!

Alan
POS Guru

Re: Do you want to sell POS systems?

Post by Alan » Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:36 pm

Its easier just to add this to autoexec.bat

C:\POS\POS.EXE

I don't know if its worth putting this line in CONFIG.SYS too (prob not necessary for newer PCs)

PATH=C:\POS

Regards,

Alan

Merry Christmas from Scotland!

kogweno

Post by kogweno » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:34 am

i really need POS for company https://empireict.net/, can some offer advice and secondly my client needs a pharmacy software can someone give me link to any website i can purchase the software from

brucef2112
Forum Regular

Re: Run FreeDOS and start DHPOS from autoexec.bat

Post by brucef2112 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:21 pm

Alan wrote:
Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:36 pm
Its easier just to add this to autoexec.bat
C:\POS\POS.EXE

I don't know if its worth putting this line in CONFIG.SYS too (prob not necessary for newer PCs)
PATH=C:\POS

Regards,
Alan

Merry Christmas from Scotland!
Being completely bored and seeing there's no new horses to beat, I'll resurrect this 10y old one, for one more lashing.

The PATH statement is called from inside the AUTOEXEC.BAT, not in the CONFIG.SYS file .

I agree with Alan that adding your register's directory to the System's PATH has little to no return.
But for those who want it; or feel they're needing it...

In FreeDOS OS you may already have a PATH statement in your AUTOEXEC.BAT file like this.
PATH C:\fdos\bin;c:\util
You can open the AUTOEXEC.BAT file and append your POS directory to the end of the existing PATH statement by adding a semicolon followed by the path you want to add. ;C:\MyPOSdir

Or to preserve any existing system's PATH and append your POSRegister path to it, on a new line after any other PATH statements add:
PATH=%PATH%;C:\MyPOSdir
And of course, the call to POS.EXE must be after any PATH statement(s).

These are the rantings of a madman. Only a fool would listen.

Later,
Bruce
[Bruce puts his belt back on]
Later,
Bruce

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin - Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

AussieAussie
Forum Regular

Post by AussieAussie » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:13 pm

Ooooohhh, I liked that.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
"...In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."