Problems with employee stup on network

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

lemon535
Forum Regular
Problems with employee stup on network

Post by lemon535 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:48 pm

Hi, i have 4 networked fully functional registers, im having problems when adding new employees.

When i add a new employee whether its from the pos global or from a local station, it only saves the employees name on that particular register and not on the rest. Is this normal?? like do you have to add a new employee to every register or am i doing something wrong?

much help appreciated, thanks

lemon535
Forum Regular

Post by lemon535 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:54 pm

ok now they have disapeared from the orginal register i put it on....?

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Wrong

Post by daleadmin » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:02 am

lemon535,

You are doing something wrong. When the program is networked the employee database is shared and you can add or delete employees from any register.

Are you sure that each register has the exact, same PATH set in the "Network" feature of the POSCONFG.EXE program?

Dale

lemon535
Forum Regular

Post by lemon535 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:24 am

each register connects to the server. they share the same stocktable etc. i can change the stocktable on one and it changes on all of them.

Dylan
Forum Regular

ok

Post by Dylan » Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:42 pm

When adding or altering employees, passwords, stock items, etc. it is best to be positive that DHPOS is Closed, i.e. do it after business one day when everything is all totaled out and there is no inter-register activity. Then perform the change on the server dhpos and it should be active at the start of busness the next day when you open.
Tech