Store credit

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

daleadmin
Forum Owner
Store credit

Post by daleadmin » Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:14 pm

I received this email...

Dale

My name is Oitsile for the Botswana, in Southern Africa and I have been using your POS for almost a year now and I believe am the first one to use it in this country.

I don't know how to thank you for such a magnificent point of sale program with all the functionalities that one may need in a small business especially, if it comes for free and does not necessarily need a state of the art technology nor any accounting background. My business was going down hill simply because I could not track my inventory and could not determine whether the cashiers we giving me the correct daily sales amounts. I then surfed the internet to search for a POS program that could buy at an affordable price, when I came across yours. I download the software(Ver 6.37g) a year ago, and tried it on a 386 computer and I was amazing at the ease of use and the functionalities.

These software really turned my business around. I have now installed it on a General dealer store, a Bottle store and on two Bars of my own, and my colleagues have started asking business questions about the software.

The software is good in every respect and it works perfectly, I have recently bought a barcode scanner and no problems were incountered.

The only challenge with the program is that, you see in Africa we give credit to the customer who does not have a credit card, if only the software can have cash sales and credit sales it will fit the whole of Africa even the remotes parts.

Thank very much again, and give me the details of paying you the generous $10-00 towards the development of the software( i.e. using my credit card)

Oitsile
Last edited by daleadmin on Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:49 pm

Oitsile,

Well it looks like I have to add Botswana to the list of countries using DHPOS.

You can donate by using the PayPal link at the top of this page http://keyhut.com/5_00.htm they will accept credit cards.

Eventually I am going to be adding a "customer accounts" feature to the program and that will allow you to give store credit, but that is a long way off.

However right now you can use the "sale parking" feature to almost do the same thing.

Go to the "sale parking" feature of the POSCONFG.EXE program and choose the maximum number of sales you wish to be able to park. The 637g version of the program you have now will only allow up to 75 sales to be parked but the current version will allow up to 255 sales to be parked.

Now go to the "Printer setup" feature of the POSCONFG.EXE program and set "Allow printing of sales checks" to "YES"

When you ring up a new sale do it normally. When you press [+] to total the sale the program will ask you if you want to print a receipt or a sales check. If the customer is asking for a store credit choose "Sales check" and a receipt will be printed and you will be able to park the sale, after which you will be able to start a new sale. The customer leaves with his merchandies and his sale is in the parking lot.

When the customer returns and wants to purchase more or pay off his bill then when you start a transaction you will press [F6] to retrieve his sale from the parking lot. You can add more to it and then print a sales check and repark the sale or after pressing [+] to end the sale you can choose to print a receipt and the customer can pay off his bill.

If the customer is getting store credit you may want to have him sign the sales check and then you keep it. That way if he comes back and says that he does not owe you anything you have his signed sales check. However when he pays off his bill you must return all signed sales checks to him.

Parked sales are stored by the program even if you close the register or there is a power failure.

The limitations to this are that you can only keep track of 255 cusomter's bills and the customer ID for the parked sales can only have 4 characters. Also there is the 60 line limit for the parked sale meaning that the customer has to pay off his bill before the sale reaches 60 lines.

But this is better than nothing.

Dale

lemon535
Forum Regular

Post by lemon535 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:31 pm

I came up with a way of managing store credit a while back. Would have to dig up my notes as i cant fully remember but it goes a bit like this
(would require very accurate staff members, i personally would restrict this to supervisors)

This uses the inventory and you store customers in the stocktable.

Each customer has their own stock number, or ID number as they would call it. I would put your customers at the very bottom of the stocktable to keep well away from other products.
You use the inventory column to track how much money they have.

E.g. Customer has $300 credit, then their inventory in the Stocktable is 300.

Cutomers credit can be managed via pos and you dont need to enter posconfig to alter their $$

Will try and fnd out how I done it. If anybodys interested. It did work.