Help with dhpos 4.28

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Help with dhpos 4.28

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 07, 2004 2:44 pm

Hi!

I have a problem. How to reset transaction number.
I have tested the register and now I have 30 as transaction number, and for the firs bill I would like to have no. 1 :)

Thanks!

Nick
Forum Regular

Post by Nick » Sun Mar 07, 2004 5:22 pm

The only way to reset the trans # is to make a new .pos file

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Resetting transaction numbers

Post by Dale Harris » Sun Mar 07, 2004 5:43 pm

Guest,

If there is one thing that you can't be allowed to do in any POS program it is to reset the transaction numbers.

The original and main function of the transaction numbers it to allow you, and more importantly your local tax man, the ability to see that no sales have gone "missing" from your cash register. In other words if you add up the individual sales in a day it will equal the totals printed on the closing receipt. You also want to know that the first transaction from today's sales was the very next transaction to follow the close of the register from the previous night. Your tax man will want to know that you did not open the register, ring a bunch of sales, then close and reset the register, and then open it again and only report the sales from the second time you opened the register. And you will want to know that you employees are not playing this same game on you.

The way you and your tax buddy can tell that everything is on the up and up is that everything that happens on your register is numbered sequentially. All sales, returns, voids, no sales, opening reports, and closing reports are numbered sequentially and it will be obvious if any transactions are missing because then the transaction numbers will not be sequential. This will cause some very pointed questions to be asked.

So the main thing that your local tax buddy will want to know before he approves of using this program in your store is if there is anyway to fool with the transaction numbers because he will rely on them so much. Reassure him that there is only one person in the whole wide world that can screw with the transaction numbers and I "ain't tellin' nobody." :)
Dale

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 08, 2004 2:08 am

I don't want to cheet someone, I just have opened small store and I wold like to start bussiness with the tran numbers from the begining.
If there is no way what to tell, what has happened with the first 30 transactions? :cry:

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

But someone else would

Post by Dale Harris » Mon Mar 08, 2004 10:03 am

I realize that you would not want to cheat anyone but if I released this information it would eventually get to someone who would want to cheat. Remember the old adage, "Only one person can keep a secret, if two people know a secret it may as well be a thousand."
Dale