Reminder - we do have a chatroom

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Andrew
Site Administrator
Reminder - we do have a chatroom

Post by Andrew » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:28 pm

I've noticed a couple of members mention they knew nothing of the chatroom (and in some cases of this forum) so I'd like to point out, we do have a chatroom which Dale (yes, in person) usually is in between 20:00 and 22:00 (8pm - 10pm) Chicago time.

Yes, not everyone in every timezone can make this timeslot, but it's suitable for Dale and is a great opportunity to talk with him live rather than on the forum or via email.

So why not visit us sometime - http://www.dhpos.com/chat , liven things up - it's often quiet nowadays and Dale sits around patiently waiting.
DHPOS Veteran (from v3.46, July 2002)

lemon535
Forum Regular

Post by lemon535 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:20 pm

Does the chat not work in firefox, it keeps refreshing like every second and the screen flickers and i cant say anything in the chat, my messages disapear...

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:34 pm

Works here for me, you may need to enter chat and alter the refresh rate by using the command /refresh numofseconds . It does flicker occasionally and the chat messages are ordered in reverse but it works.

If all else fails use IE just to get into chat.

lemon535
Forum Regular

Post by lemon535 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:46 am

yeh i only figured that it was in reverse like 10 minutes later. i was like HELLOO?? where the hell did mymessage go. lol

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:23 am

A side note about the chatroom - while it's great to see more people coming in to chat with Dale etc, please remember to exit by clicking the "exit" link or at least close your browser window when you've finished. It is preferable to use the "exit" link as this lets the other chatters know you've left the room.

Otherwise you stay logged into the room and your browser keeps refreshing and using up bandwidth when no-one's there.

IAN
Forum Regular

Post by IAN » Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:33 am

sorry but when i fall asleep could be anytime i think i passed out halfway through a convo with dale?

just i have no warning its like im awake then i wake up :( sadly its the pain in my arm which wakes me up it also stops me sleeping till i passout

i know that this was mainly aimed at me....
IAN

(Everything i say is a lie! so am i telling you the truth?)

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:56 am

I wasn't targeting anyone Ian, it's something we've combated since the chatroom's inception. Don't fret about it - I often try to login when I get home from work to catch up on the day's discussion (long after chat is finished) and kick anyone who's obviously idle for whatever reason.

To anyone who I do kick, don't take it personally :p

IAN
Forum Regular

Post by IAN » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:38 am

i dont take it personally :D i know about bandwidth issues and stuff (i had my fair share of it)

i used to do it to catch up on what probelms are and soloutions to it i thought it better than asking the same questions and when someone else came in when i was i could help out in that situation
IAN

(Everything i say is a lie! so am i telling you the truth?)